UnfinishedFriday - UF7

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
thefixr

29 Mar 2015

This is my latest in a weekly beat production exercise conducted by DJ Pain 1 in Facebook.

https://youtu.be/3tCVVGFsKak?list=UUQpo ... 6Dll8HayRg

YouTube.com/iamthefixr

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2015

Amazing

It almost sounds like music LOL It really is very clever but without some more melodic or vocal direction it just becomes a bit pointless which is a shame for the effort involved.

Listening to Red Dawn cover now and really the same feelings. You have a skill but it is not enough on its own. Either develop song writing skills or find a collaborator or two (musician+singer) and go do something complete and perhaps great (just watch out for copyright).

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

thefixr

29 Mar 2015

"It almost sounds like music LOL It really is very clever but without some more melodic or vocal direction it just becomes a bit pointless which is a shame for the effort involved. "
Almost? I guess that is subjective. Curious what you think is clever. It's pretty straight forward actually. As for the effort - I did everything in one night.

Thanks for feedback. 
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2015

Hi

Please don't be offended. I hope you see I was trying to encourage you. I am old school, I like my music to be musical, i.e. express an idea/story through melody and harmony. At the same time I am open to other types of instruments such as found sound being used to make the story or environment. Without melody etc it just makes it harder to get that narrative, especially to a pop-orientated audience.

What is clever is your ability to chop these elements and make something from them that does form the environment for a piece. That you can do it so quickly and perform at that speed is clever. I can't do that - even when I made more noisy music back in my Industrial days.

You have mastered one element and if you can add one or two others then I can see you being a crown pleaser. That is the good you should take from my feedback above.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

thefixr

29 Mar 2015

You don't think I'm offended just because I believe what *is* or *is not* music is subjective? My music appreciation professor had us listening to Beethovens, Große Fuge among other things to get this point across. Regardless, I sincerely appreciate your feedback. 
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

• Information