New album, 100% Reason.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
BillyKodak

27 Mar 2015

Hi, folks. Here's a link to my new album, The Child Garden. It was done 100% in Reason. Cheers. :-)
https://klausmorlock.bandcamp.com/album ... ild-garden

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2015

Already listened (own the last one too) and sounds good. Possibly more polished and cohesive than "Bridmore". Definitely in keeping with your style.

I think "The Child Garden" makes a good package and probably a great pace for most to start on your dusty 70's spooky journey.

I was wondering where you get your instrument samples, whether you use ReFills, own a ROMpler synth (Roland etc) or use VST?

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

BillyKodak

27 Mar 2015

Thanks for the kind words, Benedict. :-) Here's a list of everything I've used on the two albums:

Radical Keys
Radical Piano
ReTron
Revival
Jiggery Pokery Organs (all three)
Ivoks

I make massive use of Audiomatic on the tape setting. (Great work, Selig). I also import some audio for voice samples, ambient effects, etc. I've also found the Polar pitch shifter to be very useful. Practically everything goes through The Echo, which is never synced to clock. The Softube Trident eq is indispensable. 

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2015

Thanks for the list. Far simpler than I thought.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

liampatrickingram

28 Mar 2015

This is unbelievable, I love it.  This reminds me of the softer moments in Peter Gabriel's Genesis - are they an influence for you?  I think the combination of the arpeggios and lyrical phrasing of the keys makes me think of them.  I mean that as a huge compliment - they are my favourite band...and you've certainly got your own distinct sound.  

My personal favourite is First Gathering...that arpeggio  :t2018:

Thanks for sharing,

Liam

Last Alternative

28 Mar 2015

Listening to the whole album now while reading the news. Very haunting and Celtic-ish with tons of really cool ambiance. Also very well written and produced. Most of it sounds pretty sad to me in a Renaissance sort of way if that makes any sense. Pretty quick album since so many of the tunes are really short. I gotta say you have surely mastered you're craft. It all sounded flawless to me.

..okay just finished the album. Sweet style. I guess the Child Garden is a real thing/legend? I'll have to look into that. I love learning about everything I can in my short little life. :)
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

BillyKodak

28 Mar 2015

Wow guys, thanks. Liam, yes, early Genesis are a huge influence. Trespass and Nursery Cryme particularly. Cheers for listening, I really appreciate the feedback. :s0826:

• Information