Gemini

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
liampatrickingram

25 Mar 2015

Messing around with some electronic music tonight.  This isn't my go to genre so let me know any constructive criticism! Thanks for listening,

Liam

***WARNING - LONG INTRO AND MIXED ON (BAD) HEADPHONES  :)

Last Alternative

26 Mar 2015

Surreal intro. Really pretty. Sounds amazing. This mellow tune is exactly what I need. Oooh nice how it speeds up. I love this already. Not bad for being mixed on "bad" headphones.
Please let me know when this is done so I can hear it or even have it. I want this on my iPhone. So many smooth instruments and delays. It's ear candy and it sounds like you've been doing this style for a while. I'm impressed.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Shokstar

26 Mar 2015

I like the part from 0 - 1:50 but the carry over could be better worked out :)

liampatrickingram

26 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Surreal intro. Really pretty. Sounds amazing. This mellow tune is exactly what I need. Oooh nice how it speeds up. I love this already. Not bad for being mixed on "bad" headphones.
Please let me know when this is done so I can hear it or even have it. I want this on my iPhone. So many smooth instruments and delays. It's ear candy and it sounds like you've been doing this style for a while. I'm impressed.
Thanks so much! Your kind words are appreciated.  Im going to tweak a bit for the next couple days then I will drop you a link ASAP.

Liam

liampatrickingram

26 Mar 2015

Shokstar wrote:I like the part from 0 - 1:50 but the carry over could be better worked out :)
Thank for your input - do you mean the transition to the upbeat part or the entire upbeat part itself?

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2015

Hi Mr Ingram

Can definitely hear the headphones in the mix. Easy fix tho - assuming you have monitors.

I like each part well enough but agree that the build is lacking in art and then as the upbeat hits the new material doesn't come in as a logical resolution/release.

In my track "Solar Generator" I used a similar build where I simply walked up the octave with every note the same length and while initially it seemed to work my theory teacher tut tutted and made me alter it for tempo etc and he was right as it labored, esp seeing the whole composition is pretty 'square' already. The shake-up allowed a better tension release. I think that is relevant here.

I would like to hear more harmonic development in the main section as that is what the intro promises. Geez now I do would like my teacher.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information