New on this forum - latest song

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
inmatus

25 Mar 2015

Hi
All new to the forum.. Looking for a new place after props closed theirs
So.. Hello everyone

Just posting a the latest song made. A lot of Papen (that I like a lot), some guitar, some loops, some indians, jazz drum kit toms on Dynamite and some spices from the 80's goth/new wave
All done in Reason except for mastering that was done in Ozone 6 (that I also like a lot)

Last Alternative

25 Mar 2015

Welcome. You did all this?! It sounds perfect to me. Interesting vocal melodies and style. I'm not even sure what to call this because I hear so many genres influence. Really dig the switches from world style to Johnny Cash mode. Cool song.

Check out everyone else 's music here. You will be amazed. Glad you found us!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

inmatus

25 Mar 2015

Thank you very much!

It is me doing more or less all instruments and main vocal and my wife do the female vocals (one of have raised formant with neptune to sound a bit childish)
Sometimes my wife do some synths too but not on this one.

Yes.. Genre is a pain in the *ss for us.. Sometimes it is all electronic, sometimes hardish rock, popish.. most of them time I dont have a clue what to call it.
The single before "The Patient Dagger" sounded like this:

(Not happy with the production but.. thats the way it became)

We love the new wave from the 80's. It was all over the place with synths, pop, industrial.. You could find the attitude "we do what we want". You never knew what could pop up. Like that even if "commercially" it is suicide :)
We try to keep a few things intact in more or less everything we do:
-Singable vocal. Preferably a nice melody
-Verse/chorus western style most of the time

But I have a hard time what to call it.. Electro Rock? Industrial/Goth?

jappe

25 Mar 2015

Welcome onboard  :)

This sounds unique and very good; trying to find something to complain on, but I'm failing.

Sounds a little bit like Fever Ray

Looking forward to hearing more of your music!

JoshuaPhilgarlic

25 Mar 2015

Wow, very inspiring and phat! Perfect mix. Nice details (Mickey Mouse voice, country guitars :t2018: ).... I like it a lot :s0230: !

inmatus

26 Mar 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Wow, very inspiring and phat! Perfect mix. Nice details (Mickey Mouse voice, country guitars :t2018: ).... I like it a lot :s0230: !
Thank you :)

The phatness is very much thanks to Rob Papens PunchBDRE and SubBoomBassRE (one of the stock pathes from it)
Excellent RE's. 

• Information