Unworthy - 2.5 minutes of Backline Rig demo...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Tincture

23 Mar 2015

I got the new Backline Rack Extension bundle this week and this short song came out this afternoon.
All sounds apart from the odd Fx and Ozone come from the bundle.
My monitor is still broken so I hope it sounds ok :-)

Been away and intend to stay away for a while until I get my shit together (ended up more troll than contributor lately it seemed).... but no-one else knows who I am!! No listens = sadness. Listening on my phone thro' cheap earbuds the piano sounds shite... too distorted/resonant... is this so generally?

JNeffLind

24 Mar 2015

I hear what you're talking about with the piano. Doesn't sound terrible. Doesn't sound natural either, but there's a bit of what you described, the distorted/resonant effect. Sounds like you got a handle on A-List acoustic pretty quickly as well. Nice work. I really like the end where you drop out to just the snare and the piano and was sad to see the song was ending. I'd like to see you use that same break earlier, maybe two or three times in different places. It's just a personal taste for me that songs that have this kind of rolling energy can be served with some "breaks" so that momentum can build and wane, etc. 

eusti

24 Mar 2015

Like the song... The sound of the piano is cool... Like from an old black and white movie... To me there is a little too much of a contrast between the guitar and the piano soundwise going on... One is very dull and the other so sparkly and shiny... But of course that's just my 2 cents...

Namahs Amrak

27 Mar 2015

That's a good track, has quite a '60's feel going on. I have to say that I don't like the piano you've chosen, though - but that's an easy enough fix
My Words are my ART

• Information