Little Jinder - Everything Remix by Shokstar

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Shokstar

19 Mar 2015

Here is my short remix version of the Little Jinder Song "Everything". 

Enjoy the music :)

Little Jinder - Everything Remix by Shokstar

jappe

20 Mar 2015

Yes, that was a massive sound experience.
Nothing more to say than Well Done!

Shokstar

20 Mar 2015

jappe wrote:Yes, that was a massive sound experience.
Nothing more to say than Well Done!

JNeffLind

22 Mar 2015

Not familiar with the original. But I hear that "Reason sound" and it sounds great. ;)

Seriously, this sounds tight and very funky. One tiny piece of constructive criticism, and this is a very minor matter of opinion, but at at about 1:26 where you sort of have a break and drop some of the instruments out I might keep a bit of a drum pulsing there. I like the way the other stuff drops out and gives the lead to the dub step sounding stuff, but I just think you need to give the listener a tiny bit more to keep the rhythm solid. Just a simple steady bass drum or high hat would do it. Something spare that serves to keep the listener in the pocket while the glitchy frequency shifting madness heats up. Just my two cents. Very cool track either way. 

Shokstar

22 Mar 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Not familiar with the original. But I hear that "Reason sound" and it sounds great. ;)

Seriously, this sounds tight and very funky. One tiny piece of constructive criticism, and this is a very minor matter of opinion, but at at about 1:26 where you sort of have a break and drop some of the instruments out I might keep a bit of a drum pulsing there. I like the way the other stuff drops out and gives the lead to the dub step sounding stuff, but I just think you need to give the listener a tiny bit more to keep the rhythm solid. Just a simple steady bass drum or high hat would do it. Something spare that serves to keep the listener in the pocket while the glitchy frequency shifting madness heats up. Just my two cents. Very cool track either way. 
Yes, You´re right :) thanks for the input, I´ll try that out :)  

DeltaHotelVictory

25 Mar 2015

Although I am not normally a big fan of dubstep, I must say that it sounds really good and professional. Great sound design, great use of the stereo field (I had a blast with my headphones on). Thanks for posting and reminding us what's possible in Reason.

Shokstar

25 Mar 2015

DeltaHotelVictory wrote:Although I am not normally a big fan of dubstep, I must say that it sounds really good and professional. Great sound design, great use of the stereo field (I had a blast with my headphones on). Thanks for posting and reminding us what's possible in Reason.
Thank you Delta  :s0826:

• Information