First Discover thing...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JoshuaPhilgarlic

15 Mar 2015

Ok, just to check out Discover. Here are some basics for a 80s track...

http://phead.mu/s/UQqTLVjY

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2015

Sounds cool and actually like it could be mid 80's. Well done.

Something I wish Discover did (apart from including the raw MIDI) was to let us know the Key & Chords used. Maybe any decent musician can just tell you done your loop in Q Sharp Major with a flattened Togglywith but I am thinking that many of us don't.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

C//AZM

19 Mar 2015

Even a gated snare! Yes to the 80s! You should put some really 80s style vocals on there and really ham it up!

JNeffLind

22 Mar 2015

Benedict wrote:Sounds cool and actually like it could be mid 80's. Well done.

Something I wish Discover did (apart from including the raw MIDI) was to let us know the Key & Chords used. Maybe any decent musician can just tell you done your loop in Q Sharp Major with a flattened Togglywith but I am thinking that many of us don't.

:)
Not sure if this is spot on, but I think he's just shifting around one chord basically, just an extended vamp on a F7 (F,A,C,Eb) except he leaves out the third tone which generally gives a chord its major or minor character, giving a more open feel (like a sus chord). So the baseline is just F1, F2, Eb2, C2 over and over which allows the upper part to move over it with just a few two note extensions of the chord I think. G3, Bb3 (Making F13), to A3, C4 (Making F7, completing with the third tone of the F scale, the A.) and Bb3, C4 (which removes the third, and replaces it with the 4th, giving a sort of hybrid Sus4 since we still have the flat 7th in the bass.)

Does this make sense?

TLDR: Bass: F, F up an octave, down a full step to Eb, down a full step to C
Treble: G, Bb then step up to A, C, then up to Bb, C, then pass over A, C to cycle the riff again making an extended vamp on an F chord. F13, F7, Fsus4 (dom7), F7.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

22 Mar 2015

Here's the Reason 7 session...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/623 ... 150101.zip

The sounds come from MonoPoly (bass), Polysix (chords) and Kings of Kong (LinnDrum preset).

• Information