Industrial/Electronic cover of "Dead Religion" (My first song...)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Sinistereo

10 Mar 2015

My very first time using Reason for something other than documentary audio production. It has been an incredibly entertaining and educational couple of days. So much left to learn about (and experiment with) vocal recording.

I would love feedback on any part of this. I had problems finding a sonically dead recording space, so I've already learned about how much little reflections poison your vocals.

My voice is ten years out of practice... be gentle!  :)

JNeffLind

12 Mar 2015

Congrats on breaking the seal as far as making music for fun. I personally think your voice sounds better on the verse where you're not pushing it too far. I feel like you don't sound quite as good when you're pushing your voice. That could probably be helped quite a bit by doing some basic vocal processing. Try a chorus or a Reverb or if you're feeling adventurous even a phaser. Maybe keep the verse dry and then turn the effect on the chorus. Scream might be fun to mess around with on some of the cleaner setting as well.

Happy music making.

• Information