MajestikMonkey / PsyWarpz

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental

Jagwah

09 Mar 2015

Hey that's pretty cool, what a shame you can't automate it or control it with CV. I really like the Ring Mod demonstration it's something I haven't played around with but now I think I will! :wave:

Majestik Monkey

09 Mar 2015

Jagwah wrote:Hey that's pretty cool, what a shame you can't automate it or control it with CV. I really like the Ring Mod demonstration it's something I haven't played around with but now I think I will! :wave:
Hi Jag thanks for commenting ' actually you can use a CV to the Kong ' albeit limited to Decay & Pitch ' but that is enough to create something quite Wacky !
i will upload a better version today showing what can be done . . . :s0221:  

Majestik Monkey

09 Mar 2015

Dr Rex would be so much more Powerful ' with the same Loop point system as The NurseRex ! ! ! !  :s0959:

Majestik Monkey

11 Mar 2015

Updated with quite a weird twist ! not sure if Dubstep blends with Psy ????  :s0230:
never the less the track is moving forward . . . lol

JNeffLind

12 Mar 2015

Cool. Thanks for sharing. This isn't exactly my kind of music, which is maybe why I mostly liked the variation at measure 49. I might recommend switching into that sooner and making that a bit more of a refrain, even switching "sound sets" for a single beat at times on the upbeat (fourth beat) of a measure or something like that to give some variation to your constant electronic pulse. 

Just something to play around with and it's so damned easy in software like Reason. Happy music making.

Majestik Monkey

12 Mar 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Cool. Thanks for sharing. This isn't exactly my kind of music, which is maybe why I mostly liked the variation at measure 49. I might recommend switching into that sooner and making that a bit more of a refrain, even switching "sound sets" for a single beat at times on the upbeat (fourth beat) of a measure or something like that to give some variation to your constant electronic pulse. 

Just something to play around with and it's so damned easy in software like Reason. Happy music making.
Thanks for commenting JNL ' i will consider the changing of sound_sets ' sounds like a good idea ' i am in a kinda funny mood with Music at the moment ' everything is on the table 'so 2 speak ' lol  :s0801:

Exowildebeest

12 Mar 2015

I like the psy parts, dislike the dubstep part. The dubstep part breaks the immersion into the nice psy feeling imo.

Psy parts could use a bit more percussion, other than that, it's great!

Emian

12 Mar 2015

cool vid !your substractor bass sound PHAT ! & how the hell did you do that Kong-Atmos plz :P

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Majestik Monkey

12 Mar 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:I like the psy parts, dislike the dubstep part. The dubstep part breaks the immersion into the nice psy feeling imo.

Psy parts could use a bit more percussion, other than that, it's great!
Hey thanks ExoWB ' yeh i do actually agree with you about the DStep part, its to much of a step away from the Psy Theme ! although i think it can be done . . . if done properly & for me it was an experiment ? i will take that bit out & perhaps throw in a Breakbeat section ! or just keep it Psy - with trix  :s0959:

Majestik Monkey

12 Mar 2015

Emian wrote:cool vid !your substractor bass sound PHAT ! & how the hell did you do that Kong-Atmos plz :P
Hi Emian ' 

Drop Kong in ya Rack , Reset it , Pad 1 , Bring out NURSEREX & load Her up with some Musical rex file , one that is perhaps already in tune with the key of ya track !!!!
if not, don't worry because you can do some fine pitch adjustments with either Global Kong or NurseRex's pitch parameter's ! 

Then adjust the Loop points of the rex file  to create some OFFBEAT kinda stuff ! or just simply leave it to its original Groove ? you could add the same rex file to pad2 & use that as the qwerky offbeat alternative? Then add a Filter effect & RingMod effect from Kongs FX rack & twiddle away until you hit that spot ! Oh yeh put all of this sound through the Best Hall Verb you can muster or plate ! or Both . if you get stuck Emain . . . i could try doing a small tut to show you ! 

Majestik Monkey

13 Mar 2015

Kinda finished !  :t0152:    :s0225:

Marketblandings

16 Mar 2015

Lots of patience and planning in this!
Compositionally way ahead of many things I hear. To plan out the structure of the song to that extent and combine it with _subtelty_ is a rare thing.

Very impressive.

Majestik Monkey

16 Mar 2015

Marketblandings wrote:Lots of patience and planning in this! Compositionally way ahead of many things I hear. To plan out the structure of the song to that extent and combine it with _subtelty_ is a rare thing. Very impressive.
Hey Thanks for your kind words MB ' :s0801:   TBH i am still not happy with the Mix ' i can hear things clashing at certain points Like FX & so on, & some instruments parts are a wee bit vauge at times ! keep in touch & when the track is finally done i'll drop you a free copy of it .....  :s0547:  

psychasm

16 Mar 2015

Cool track has a nice uplifting vibe but not too fluffy. Sounds flat on my cheap earphones but probably due to just that. Otherwise nice piece. There are some nice melodic elements in there that carries the theme. Will have another listen at home. And good job at keeping it so short. I personally tend to get carried away when making trance and have had to learn to do less. Some more variation in the percs go a long away. Nice work on the hats. Did u use ringmod on that? Base is sounding full and phat and the Dubstep mix is crafty the way you snuck it in there.. On the Main melody I would using a bit of panning fx, as it can be clearly heard only coming out of one speaker....just my 2 cents. Other - wise very nice and easy listening, entertaining.

• Information