Protolysis - The Abyss that's Full of Shit [Techno]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Kov

07 Mar 2015

In the intro you can hear my neighbours fighting. Recorded from inside my flat. Through thick solid concrete walls that are really sound proof. The wife there has a yelling endurance of 6-7 hours. I'm not kidding.

Then we have ABL-2, Thor, Malström, Kong, Octorex, NN-19, Antidote, and the sound water makes when it flows through the kitchen sink in a friends house in the Graubünden mountains.

Everything a little bit dissonant and the like. For the sake of fitting to the song title :D

Exowildebeest

07 Mar 2015

Awesome track! Love the acid parts. Would enjoy this at a party.

Kov

07 Mar 2015

Thanks man! If you happen to end up at Ozon club in Kloten, Switzerland one day you might hear it at a party ;)

Jagwah

08 Mar 2015

Great track man! Love the drum beat and the acid is cool (maybe a little dry could use a tiny bit of reverb but just my opinion) and that cool eerie synth sounds washing through it, sounds so dark, definite party vibe really cool work!

I hope you have headphones for your work, I can totally relate to having crazy neighbors very close to you and I don't have a problem with it because once I close my door and put my headphones on none of them exist.

Bang on! :thumbup:

Kov

08 Mar 2015

Thanks! I think the reverb thing was a good idea. Added just that tiny bit and i liked it :) .

Haha, those folks yell like that maybe once a month, so it's still fine.

JNeffLind

08 Mar 2015

Sounds super dark. Like something out of a Kubrick film. It goes from atmospheric and moody which works well to a sort of manic possessed demonic sounding thing. Not meaning to sound negative. Those are just the images that came to mind, maybe because of the sounds you chose. It works well as a song, though it's not exactly my style of music. 

Kov

09 Mar 2015

Those are exactly the images that were meant to come up :D . I like bands like Immolation, Ulcerate and the like and it's partly inspired by them.

forensickbeats

09 Mar 2015

Ace tune and production quality.

The atmosphere reminds me of Prodigy`s Claustrophobic Sting.

I had a rec of my neighbor trough my floor - single mom, yelling at her baby to stop crying, asking it what it wants and shit... As if it was understanding her words. Pretty sad. However, I`ve deleted the recording, it could have been an interesting sample to use.

Kov

10 Mar 2015

Thanks!

I recorded a yelling mom too 2 years ago in summer at the lake. Fragment of it is an other track i made.

• Information