My First Song Post...So be Nice.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rvman

01 Mar 2015

Our first song done in Reason 8 for an upcoming CD. Reason is a blast to work with.

https://soundcloud.com/rvman-1/caughtbywindfinal44

Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

Leighbeater

02 Mar 2015

Well done man, your wife has a nice voice, the vocals came through well

Benedict
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2015

Hi

Nice song and delivery. Elements of Country and Folk Rock. First to mind is the John Stewart album "Bombs Away Dream Babies". 

I would caution you to keep the vocal in front though as right now the guitar is clearer than the voice (which occasionally fades back). Don't forget to develop some melodic lines too.

Very well done. Keep at it and don't forget to let us know when the record is ready.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

TheMiles

02 Mar 2015

Clever and catchy cord progressions, really nice vocals  :) .

Can't say much soundwise as I am listening on my Laptop speakers, but I really like that song, keep it up!

rvman

02 Mar 2015

Hey, thanks all. My wife still has a cold so she couldn't sing real loud, which made things a little tough. I REALLY had to compress/gate/eq the vocal to make it fit.

Ecopro

06 Mar 2015

Hey rvman! The structure is there, guitars sound good along with the vocals. Besides what others have said about the vocals, the only thing I can add is to have a few more melody lines, maybe with strings. Some Cello would sound nice with her voice and this style of music. Unless you want to keep it strictly guitar and vox, folky style. It sounds good the way it is.

Also kudos on getting your wife to do some vocals for you while being sick. I can't get my wife to do anything when's she's sick. I'm the one that has to sing to her in bed, while I bring her some tea or chicken soup. :D
Guts Electronic Mayhem

rvman

06 Mar 2015

Ecopro wrote:Hey rvman! The structure is there, guitars sound good along with the vocals. Besides what others have said about the vocals, the only thing I can add is to have a few more melody lines, maybe with strings. Some Cello would sound nice with her voice and this style of music. Unless you want to keep it strictly guitar and vox, folky style. It sounds good the way it is.

Also kudos on getting your wife to do some vocals for you while being sick. I can't get my wife to do anything when's she's sick. I'm the one that has to sing to her in bed, while I bring her some tea or chicken soup. :D
The cello is there, but she wanted them in the background. I originally had them more upfront. Thanks for listening.

jappe

06 Mar 2015

Pure beautiful. And congratulations to having a wife with a lovely voice to make music with!

rvman

06 Mar 2015

jappe wrote:Pure beautiful. And congratulations to having a wife with a lovely voice to make music with!
Thank you very much.

JNeffLind

06 Mar 2015

Dig the song and the performance. Nice to have a vocalist "on call" for you. I wonder what her time cost you though.  ;)

rvman

06 Mar 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Dig the song and the performance. Nice to have a vocalist "on call" for you. I wonder what her time cost you though.  ;)
It's cost me 16 years so far....LOL. Will be 17 yrs in May.

We're starting our next song tomorrow. She has 6 songs to do, and then the narration. This is all part of a live thing she's put together.

Jagwah

06 Mar 2015

Sounds great man, nice vibe I enjoyed it!

Wensell

13 Mar 2015

jappe wrote:Pure beautiful. And congratulations to having a wife with a lovely voice to make music with!

Concrats from me as well! 
Having a wife who shares the same hobby must be so rewarding. As long as she sings so good, and like good music :) Maybe too personal, but have she always been into music or have she been influenced by you? 
I wonder how she sings when she isn't sick!  :)

rvman

13 Mar 2015

Wensell wrote:
Wensell wrote:  
Concrats from me as well! 
Having a wife who shares the same hobby must be so rewarding. As long as she sings so good, and like good music :) Maybe too personal, but have she always been into music or have she been influenced by you? 
I wonder how she sings when she isn't sick!  :)
Thanks all. My wife has played and sang since she was a little girl. She has played with a few big names in Nashville and has done a few commercials for car dealers including one popular Jeep commercial called "The Jeep in me." It may still be on YouTube.

• Information