New Territory (for my Grandad) - Orchestral meets Rock

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Tincture

27 Feb 2015

https://www.soundcloud.com/tincture-1/new-territory

My 2nd ever track back in 2002 was dedicated to my Grandad Holden... there's probably an mp3 still out there (Introduction To The Army). But he never heard it. I never rated it. He's been gone a while now but he hit 91. And so this is kind of for him again. It's new territory for me, I have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff or how to make it sound good.

Arthur Holden was a Sapper who had finished his 4 years when WWII broke out. He signed up again. He spent the early part of the war watching England lose their way at (in terms of the trains he was an engineer for) Southampton. He then saw the Americans replenish the southern fighting front and went on to fight his way through North Africa and Italy. He lost his wedding finger and still got questioned by MPs on his return. He spent two years in an institution before he could rejoin his wife and my grandmother.

Ecopro

01 Mar 2015

Great tribute Zac. I can definitely hear the military and patriotic vibe. Some great sounding drums with a bit of electronic thrown in for good measure. Your Granpa would have been proud. 
Guts Electronic Mayhem

Scoobyman II

01 Mar 2015

That explains the soundtrack quality. Left comments on SC yesterday.

• Information