Delta Hotel Victory - Moon

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
DeltaHotelVictory

21 Feb 2015

Hi all,

I finished this song called Moon. I tried a different approach with my mastering, not doing it from the live track, but by bouncing the audio and using only an EQ and a multiband limiter on the entire track. Any feedback on the overall sound/dynamics?

[soundcloud_track]http://soundcloud.com/deltahotelvictory/moon[/soundcloud_track]

Oh yeah, and if you like the song or absolute hate the song, or anywhere in between, let me know!

Soft Enerji

22 Feb 2015

what you've done sounds really impressive.....mix is crystal........well done!!!

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2015

Hi Mr Victory

Without knowing what you want your mix to should like it is clear in that each part is easily heard and there is good space. Some nice sounds in here.

My only concern is that I feel that mids are missing and that takes the snap and reach-out-to-you away from sounds that should (to my mind) be clearer. Your call tho if this is the sound you want as nothing is really wrong, esp seeing it promotes the whoomp of the track.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

DeltaHotelVictory

22 Feb 2015

Thanks Soft Enerji, I checked out your music as well. Sounds very impressive, you've got a new follower.

@ Benedict, thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out giving more room to the mids and let you know if I reposted the master on Soundcloud.

NMRosta

25 Feb 2015

I like the 80-feeling. Nice intro... The sound is very crystal clean. This coud fit good in a classic amiga 500 game like Turrican Image I think that the dynamic in the sound is well balanced. Well done.

darkmode

26 Feb 2015

Like it. It's got really nice vibe to the track. Benedict is way ahead of me in regards to production as I've only been at it properly myself for about a year, but considering your minimal approach I think the mix sound great. (I need to get back to my ear training!!).

• Information