Reason 8.1 the attack of the rack

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
coldcoldhands

08 Feb 2015

Whats up all? Here is a link to my soundcloud page featuring tracks all done in Reason 8.1...I'm a life long guitar player not playing with anyone at the moment so I've been trying to unleash some new creative twists on what I've been jamming on guitar via Reason. I know my racks are pretty simple compared to more advanced users but I'm learning. Hoping to hear some feedback good or bad to help me advance. Thanks for your time!!! Rack On!

[soundcloud_track]http://soundcloud.com/eric-r-b[/soundcloud_track]
Eric /ˈRōb/
:reason: :refill:

jappe

04 Mar 2015

Strange no one has commented on this one!?
This is good!
I like the guitar, I like the vocals.
Some heavy compression going on there, but it sounds good to me.

coldcoldhands

04 Mar 2015

Thanks for the feedback! Was there a particular track that was heavy on the comp or just all of them as a whole? The track I thought turned out the best was "here and Now" 

Eric /ˈRōb/

DeltaHotelVictory

05 Mar 2015

Hi,

With 'Here and now' I think you could have a winner! Awesome guitar playing and an unique raw edge to your voice that I really like.

I think if you spend a bit more time on the mix it would be perfect:
- the instrumental tracks are compressed too much. For example, you can hear the acoustic guitar being squashed to when the bass guitar or kick drum plays at the beginning of the track.
- I would suggest taking the reverb off the kick drum and eq it a bit to take out the mid-lows. I think it will clear up your mix a lot.

Just my 2 cents!

jappe

05 Mar 2015

coldcoldhands wrote:Thanks for the feedback! Was there a particular track that was heavy on the comp or just all of them as a whole? The track I thought turned out the best was "here and Now" 
Eh...in a confused moment I thought the name of the tune was "Röb" or possibly "cookie policy":-D
So, clicking the soundcloud icon takes me to soundcloud, and there the name of the tune was revealed: "Here And Now"

I listened to your other tunes now, and I've picked a few words for some to describe my first association/impression:

Flying Vrag: Beatles, beautiful

I Wonder: Psychedelic, not my cup of team
The Ghost Of Phillip: Interesting, unique style
Bipolar Disco: lol@ the tag: "adult film"
Fever.1: Nice one, unfinished, would be a great Discover drop
On The DM: I like this one
Capo Worz: Beautiful
Waiting: good. again: great vocals

coldcoldhands

05 Mar 2015

DeltaHotelVictory wrote:Hi,

With 'Here and now' I think you could have a winner! Awesome guitar playing and an unique raw edge to your voice that I really like.

I think if you spend a bit more time on the mix it would be perfect:
- the instrumental tracks are compressed too much. For example, you can hear the acoustic guitar being squashed to when the bass guitar or kick drum plays at the beginning of the track.
- I would suggest taking the reverb off the kick drum and eq it a bit to take out the mid-lows. I think it will clear up your mix a lot.

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks a ton for the feedback! I should have spent more time on the mix. Sounds like some good ideas on improving that. I will certainly spend some time on that in the lab over the weekend. I'll let you do the critique. Thanks again!

Eric /ˈRōb/

Scoobyman II

05 Mar 2015

I like the Flying V rag. Has a good energy. The guitar reminds me a little of the Grateful Dead.

JNeffLind

06 Mar 2015

Cool man. I'd encourage to mess with some of Reason's sort of electronic sounding synthy stuff. I play acoustic guitar and piano and have a lot of fun mixing in stuff that one might think would sound off but ends up working well. This is a good reminder that Reason isn't just for that kind of music though. 

coldcoldhands

06 Mar 2015

Sounds like solid advice. Thats what I've always been drawn to with Reason. The ability to blend in creative sonic elements to otherwise very organic instrumentation.  I fooled around with version 3 and 4 a lot years ago and kinda drifted away from it being involved with more "analog" minded projects. I'm running 8.1 now and love it! Thanks for the sconnie!
Eric /ˈRōb/

• Information