Feature suggestion for the Reason Music Forum.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Mastrcode

03 Feb 2015

It would be great and helpful to have a kind of genre feature for the posted music like several sub forums for different genres, e.g. acoustic, electronic, classical, rock, etc. Or maybe some kind of tags, which can be added to the title of the thread for a better overview. Just an idea. :)

JNeffLind

03 Feb 2015

I like it. I think the maximum number of sub forums is already being used. Wouldn't be hard to start a practice of "tagging" your own post by putting genre first in the title perhaps.

Mastrcode

03 Feb 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Wouldn't be hard to start a practice of "tagging" your own post by putting genre first in the title perhaps.
Or a sub-title where you have to fill with a genre (where you can write in own words) e.g. "please type in a genre" would be enough.

Grooq

04 Feb 2015

Exactly, some kind of displaying the genre should be introduced.
I (and probably others as well) have recommended this weeks ago, nothing happened.  I am sick of having to go through several steps until i find out what the genre is.  So I hardly listen to music here, I gave up.  Any solution could work, mandatory indication in the thread title, or subforums, anything, forum administrators, please do stg, pls.

FATCheese

04 Feb 2015

No more subforums.
It gets clouded and doesn't work i.m.o.

What wrong with posting the genre in the title?
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Ecopro

04 Feb 2015

Mastrcode

11 hours agoIt would be great and helpful to have a kind of genre feature for the posted music like several sub forums for different genres, e.g. acoustic, electronic, classical, rock, etc. Or maybe some kind of tags, which can be added to the title of the thread for a better overview. Just an idea. :)
Grooq wrote:Exactly, some kind of displaying the genre should be introduced.
I (and probably others as well) have recommended this weeks ago, nothing happened.  I am sick of having to go through several steps until i find out what the genre is.  So I hardly listen to music here, I gave up.  Any solution could work, mandatory indication in the thread title, or subforums, anything, forum administrators, please do stg, pls.
Believe me guys, this is something I wanted to do since the PUF days. Not so much in terms of genres or multi-sub forums, but just some tagging and organization. Support tech have said we've reached the sub forums' limits. We'll have to ask them about a tagging feature, if it's even possible. We'll see if any of these things pan out in the future. :)
Guts Electronic Mayhem

• Information