Missed the SuperBowl, Got Lost in This

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
ryanharlin
Reason Studios

01 Feb 2015

When the SuperBowl kicked off I was browsing Twitter and the #madewithtake hashtag to see what people were doing. I found this girl who recorded a rap in French and despite it's rough edges in recording quality, it had a cool vibe to it... so I started making a backing beat for it (including Tempo Mapping and quantizing it because she recorded it without a click). Then I did some compressing, gating, and neptune harmony to dress up her phone recording.

By the time I was done, I looked over at the TV to catch the last 2 minutes of the game. So oops... missed the game but made this instead. Fair trade off. I had fun.

http://phead.mu/s/rjheSiyu

Wook

02 Feb 2015

This is pretty cool. I like her voice. It would be awesome if we could contact people that post stuff on Discover. I have beats that would suit her.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2015

She's on Twitter at https://twitter.com/NastyMayma

Wook

02 Feb 2015

Thanks!

mbfrancis

02 Feb 2015

Hey Ryan, cool stuff.  Does R8 have tempo mapping?  I.e., if I program a click over a free recording, can it build a map?  This would be great if so.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Hey Ryan, cool stuff.  Does R8 have tempo mapping?  I.e., if I program a click over a free recording, can it build a map?  This would be great if so.
Funny you should say that!! I released this tutorial just today:

• Information