New orchestral track - all in Reason

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
User avatar
darkmode
Posts: 178
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 03 Feb 2015

childofsaturn wrote:This is so fucking good, excellent work. Following you on Soundcloud for sure.

Of the Miroslav Refills, which are your favorites? Or do you recommend getting the whole collection?
I would suggest getting the lot. At this point they are still the best orchestral refills going. The bundle does turn up on sale from time to time, so it's worth keeping an eye out.

Cheers.

User avatar
darkmode
Posts: 178
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 04 Feb 2015

mcatalao wrote:Hi.

I like the whole feel of the song. I think you could have some more counterpoint for the beginning, but the development of the theme is good.

Keep it up!
Thank you. Just to prove how crap I am at music theory, (never bothered to learn. I just play what sounds right), I had to Google 'counterpoint' :frown: Yes I agree. Now I've watched some videos and read a bit, I'll bare that in mind for future tracks. I think I've sort of done it before without realizing what it was!

Thank you for the feedback! As you can see I need it :)

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2532
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Feb 2015

TG wrote:Really nice track. Love the thematic vibe.

side note...for anyone looking for miroslav refills..
the miroslav bundle is on sale at esoundz at the moment ($99)  i got them from there a while back ... and still get spammed by their emails! http://www.esoundz.com
its a fairly regular sale i think - i reckon about twice a year.. but don't quote me on that! 
Thanks for this, but I only find the upgrade for $ 99.00, the Gold Bundle seems to be $ 199.00... But maybe I just didn't find the right link...

D.

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 8454
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods

Post 04 Feb 2015

sgiallo wrote:I like it! Maybe you could use more percussione in the final part, but it's a really personal opinion!
darkmode wrote: Yep fair point. It did cross my mind to push the percussion further forward in the mix, (there is snare and timpani), but decided to leave in the background. I did try it with some taiko drums. I might give it another go. Thanks for the feedback mate!
Your percussion is almost inaudible at the front (the temps). Overall it's at an unrealistically low level IMO (I actually studied classical percussion on scholarship my first year of collage!). I had to listen closely at the top to be sure there was even percussion playing - sounded more like a hard attack on the basses!

I don't know if that was your intention (to hide the percussion in places), but that's how I'm hearing it. What recording would you reference as for what mix you're going for? 

If you can stand a traditional Christmas song, here's the most recent track I work on, doing all the percussion including the sleigh bells, glockenspiel, and celeste parts. I didn't do the mix, but I point to this as it's lower than I would have preferred but still louder than your mix. If this was not a vocal piece the percussion could have been louder IMO. I did the first half, the part before the Mormon Tabernacle Choir comes in!

Oh yea, I forgot to mention - 100% REASON for all the percussion including the professional debut of my free suspended cymbal ReFill!
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2532
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Feb 2015

TG wrote:Think i might have mislead you... sorry, i'm an idiot!
I didn't read the email properly.. you are correct - its for the upgrade  :s0959:
No problem! I think I've seen it for $99 at some point... Not urgent here...

D.

User avatar
darkmode
Posts: 178
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 05 Feb 2015

sgiallo wrote:I like it! Maybe you could use more percussione in the final part, but it's a really personal opinion!
darkmode wrote: Yep fair point. It did cross my mind to push the percussion further forward in the mix, (there is snare and timpani), but decided to leave in the background. I did try it with some taiko drums. I might give it another go. Thanks for the feedback mate!
selig wrote:
Your percussion is almost inaudible at the front (the temps). Overall it's at an unrealistically low level IMO (I actually studied classical percussion on scholarship my first year of collage!). I had to listen closely at the top to be sure there was even percussion playing - sounded more like a hard attack on the basses!

I don't know if that was your intention (to hide the percussion in places), but that's how I'm hearing it. What recording would you reference as for what mix you're going for? 

If you can stand a traditional Christmas song, here's the most recent track I work on, doing all the percussion including the sleigh bells, glockenspiel, and celeste parts. I didn't do the mix, but I point to this as it's lower than I would have preferred but still louder than your mix. If this was not a vocal piece the percussion could have been louder IMO. I did the first half, the part before the Mormon Tabernacle Choir comes in!

Oh yea, I forgot to mention - 100% REASON for all the percussion including the professional debut of my free suspended cymbal ReFill!
Thanks Selig and everyone for the pointers. I will go back and implement the suggestions and re-post soon.
 I really appreciate all the help.

Thats a beutiful track Selig and I see exactly what you are getting at. By the way, love your rack extentions and all the great stuff you put forward in the PUF. I'm gonna have to find a spot for your suspended cymbals refill you posted a while back!

Cheers.

User avatar
raymondh
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 06 Feb 2015

Sounds great. I really like the build. nice job!
Win 10 64-bit | :reason: 10 | Scarlet 18i8 | M-Audio Code 61 | KRK VXT-6 | JX-8P | System-8 | D-05 | JP-08 | Sirin
www.soundcloud.com/raymondhayter

https://soundcloud.com/raymondhayter/be ... ic-address

User avatar
darkmode
Posts: 178
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 06 Feb 2015

raymondh wrote:Sounds great. I really like the build. nice job!
Thanks mate. I could have sworn I was following you on Soundcloud, I am now!

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1082
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 09 Feb 2015

Wow, Zimmer has some competition. That was very well done - kept building up nicely. Agree that the perc could have been louder, but you did a great overall job on your creation.

User avatar
darkmode
Posts: 178
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 10 Feb 2015

stratatonic wrote:Wow, Zimmer has some competition. That was very well done - kept building up nicely. Agree that the perc could have been louder, but you did a great overall job on your creation.
Thank you. Can't have any better praise than that. Thanks for listening.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 4 guests