What do you think of that track ??

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Janvier

30 Jan 2015

Synchronized

This is my first track of the year. Did this around january 2nd or 3rd. 

The lead is from my Eurorack. I performed on it while having a basic tempo. Then I built
everything else around that performance. This is the first time I procede this way. Not enterily satisfied of my track but happy with it. 

What do you think about that track ? I don't care if you like it or not. I would like to get some criticism. 

orthodox
RE Developer

30 Jan 2015

Pretty good. No distinct deficiencies. It could serve as a soundtrack for a movie.

Janvier

30 Jan 2015

Maybe Im a storyteller don't know ! Not the first time someone tell me, your track could be in a movie ! Maybe I should investigate this
avenue. 

No distinct deficiencies... ok right !! But is there something subtle that I didn't hear ?!

Anyway! Thanks for the comment.

jjpscott01

30 Jan 2015

This sounds nice dude. I agree it has a sound that could compliment a film scene. I like when a melodic hook like that is distorted and put against a pulsing beat. Nice job and keep em' coming brother  :thumbup:
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

forensickbeats

31 Jan 2015

Good tune, man, good production quality also. 

Janvier

31 Jan 2015

jjpscott01 wrote: I like when a melodic hook like that is distorted and put against a pulsing beat.   :thumbup:
Actually, there is no real distortion on the melody itself. I mean there is kind of tape saturation but otherwise, what you hear has distortion. Is real analog VCO sync. I never heard that kind of sound from synced softsynth.

Thanks mate

Janvier

31 Jan 2015

forensickbeats wrote:Good tune, man, good production quality also. 
Thanks !

All those comments helps me a lot to know Im still on the good path. Im always confused when mixing at home. Im really mixing in a shitty room. Even if I use a reference track and end up filled of uncertainties. 

orthodox
RE Developer

31 Jan 2015

jjpscott01 wrote: I like when a melodic hook like that is distorted and put against a pulsing beat.   :thumbup:
Janvier wrote:
Actually, there is no real distortion on the melody itself. I mean there is kind of tape saturation but otherwise, what you hear has distortion. Is real analog VCO sync. I never heard that kind of sound from synced softsynth.

Thanks mate
I think that was about that 1.5-measure riff like A2-C3-A3-B2-A3-G2 in F which is going off tune and off beat. That is the thing that really makes up the mood and character.

The sound is good enough, too.

Noplan
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2015

I like your track. very interesting sound design. I think it would be cooler if the main synth were a little bit wider. There is so much space in the panorama to play with it. 

Janvier

31 Jan 2015

orthodox wrote:I think that was about that 1.5-measure riff like A2-C3-A3-B2-A3-G2 in F which is going off tune and off beat. That is the thing that really makes up the mood and character. The sound is good enough, too.
The off beat part is kind of happy mistake which I decide to keep like. Wasn't sure at all if I should fix the timing or keep it like that but according to your comment it seems that I made an interesting choice.

The off tune part actually, is me playing with the tune knob of the synced VCO while also playing with the rate of the LFO creating the small pulsing effect. I took 3 takes of me performing, and comp small parts where it was too much out of tune (analog VCO are hard to get back on track while playing with tune knob ;) ).

Janvier

31 Jan 2015

Noplan wrote:I like your track. very interesting sound design. I think it would be cooler if the main synth were a little bit wider. There is so much space in the panorama to play with it. 
Thanks mate for the tips, :s0801: will keep this in mind, but for the next one 

Janvier

31 Jan 2015

According to your comment here, it seems that Im probably on my way... but I tend to be really hard with myself. 

Maybe its time to dive... 

forensickbeats

31 Jan 2015

Janvier wrote:
Thanks !

Im always confused when mixing at home. Im really mixing in a shitty room. Even if I use a reference track and end up filled of uncertainties. 

Same here.

• Information