K7 (quite long song!)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sgiallo

25 Jan 2015

Hi guys,
I want to share with you this song I made some weeks ago with Reason.
It's quite long, but I'd be happy to receive any kind of feedback :D

https://soundcloud.com/esse-giallo/k7-1

jappe

25 Jan 2015

sgiallo wrote:Hi guys,
I want to share with you this song I made some weeks ago with Reason.
It's quite long, but I'd be happy to receive any kind of feedback :D

https://soundcloud.com/esse-giallo/k7-1
Very nice; sounds like a movie soundtrack.

sgiallo

26 Jan 2015

thanks man! Do you find too long and boring or do you think it works as it is?

Despondo
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2015

I agree with Jappe.  It sounds very cinematic and creates a lot of imagery.  You have some nice melodies in there, but I think they sometimes get lost in the orchestration.  Perhaps you should mix the other parts a bit lower than the main melody in some sections.  Overall, I like the variety of the moods in the song.  It took me on a journey. :-)

jjpscott01

27 Jan 2015

Sounds great man. I like the heavy sounding drums mixed with the strings in the first half. Ive always been a fan of vocal samples or dialog against cinematic orchestration too. My favorite part is the piano based breakdown around 6:00 minutes. It does a nice job of changing the feel of the track after all the intensity. Nice job
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

darkmode

27 Jan 2015

Nice work mate. I'll echo what has been said above, definately a movie score feel. I like your transitions and your subtle white noise that comes in hear and there, nice. I do agree with Despondo, a little tweaking of the mix would work but I'm far from an expert on mixing. Great job!

jappe

27 Jan 2015

sgiallo wrote:thanks man! Do you find too long and boring or do you think it works as it is?
Well movie soundtracks is not something I often listen to without the film, not my cup of tea so I'll let someone else judge that. But it sounds like well done to me.

Hmm...one exception: I did actually buy the soundtrack from The Village (James Newton-Howard)...oh and Thief by Tangerine Dream.

XFEIGHT

28 Jan 2015

hi sgiallo, very nice alot of tension and drama I like the drum arrangement it does have a film score feel to it, you could maybe shorten it and have a more classic verse chorus verse arrangement and it would probably work but personally I like things a little different great work.

sgiallo

28 Jan 2015

thanks everybody!!! I really appreciate your feedback!
Yeah mixing... :) ..... I don't mix too much, mostly HPF and some more or less random cut/boost... I'm not sure if it only a problem of mix or also of "orchestration".
Thanks again!

• Information