Forum's gone, do I sound worried?

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jfrichards

22 Jan 2015

New song today, uploaded to Discover, called Anonymous In The World We Built.  Certainly could apply to those who migrated to ReasonTalk, but it has a much wider meaning.

http://phead.mu/s/MgJ1vcKW

eusti

22 Jan 2015

Cool. Vocal could go down a bit in volume though for my taste...

D.

jfrichards

22 Jan 2015

Hey Dirk!  I was just practicing guitar, trying sounds, seeing if I need some new strings, trying out some new chord ideas, all for some collaboration project I'm joining in (cool test video by the way), and blam, this song came out.  The singing is obviously written for someone with a good voice, not me.  I tried dropping the voice volume, and I could't hear the words.  Not easy to get a mediocre voice doing what real singers do by themselves.  Also the quality is not great on Discover, it requires more radio-ready mixing than Soundcloud.  I'll try to isolate the vocals EQ-wise so I can drop the volume.  Thanks for the advice.

eusti

22 Jan 2015

Thanks for explaining, John!
Vocals are not overall too loud, but I think there might be parts where some frequencies might bring it too much in th foreground for my taste... So, maybe the EQ idea is spot on!

Looking forward to hear more from you! :)

D.

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

I don't hear the vocal as too loud at all, but the hi hat is pretty blazing IMO! ;)
Cool track, BTW.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

jfrichards

22 Jan 2015

Thanks for chiming in Giles.  I sure do need extra ears when I'm in the early stages, both in song writing/mixing, and learning how things sound on Discover vs Reason through MDR-7506's.  BTW, 65 people posted songs on Discover in the 30 minutes after I put this up there.  Most are Figure-made loops, kinda elementary trance type things, but some are very good, and some are vocal things with Take that are really good, especially the middle eastern things.  Gonna have to find translations before I use them though.  I don't mind if they're saying Fuck Exxon, but I'm not into the Prophet's mother is wonderful stuff.

jfrichards

22 Jan 2015

Here's a fixed up version.  Good ears Giles, the main drums were going through a Trident EQ using my guitar patch by mistake, which has +6 dB on the 3K, not good for hihats.  I checked the vocal clips Dirk, and some of them had been raised 3 dB to compensate for a distortion effect that I changed later.  Thanks again.

http://phead.mu/s/6PRUlNeP

dE.niz

23 Jan 2015

Cool track.
Nice gtr.

dE.niz

selig
RE Developer

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Here's a fixed up version.  Good ears Giles, the main drums were going through a Trident EQ using my guitar patch by mistake, which has +6 dB on the 3K, not good for hihats.  I checked the vocal clips Dirk, and some of them had been raised 3 dB to compensate for a distortion effect that I changed later.  Thanks again.

Now just move the guitar player from the back seat up to the front seat and you'll have it IMO!
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Here's a fixed up version.  Good ears Giles, the main drums were going through a Trident EQ using my guitar patch by mistake, which has +6 dB on the 3K, not good for hihats.  I checked the vocal clips Dirk, and some of them had been raised 3 dB to compensate for a distortion effect that I changed later.  Thanks again.

selig wrote:
Now just move the guitar player from the back seat up to the front seat and you'll have it IMO!
YES! I like the way you play! Don't hold back! :)

D.

jfrichards

23 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:...

D.
Hmmm, that's what she said.

eusti

23 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:...

D.
jfrichards wrote:
Hmmm, that's what she said.
Err... Glad to hear it! ;)

D.

• Information