Wide Open Skies - Ensoniq ASR-10

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2015

Started recording some old songs I wrote on an Ensoniq ASR-10 back in the day and putting them into Reason for mixing and Mastering.  Here is one called "Wide Open Skies" i wrote in April of 1995.  Looking for any feedback.  Thanks for listening!

jappe

30 Jan 2015

This sounds like film music; progresses without stealing too much attention from the movie, and have a pleasant sound.

Rain scene...everything seems to go against the character...what to do..then he gets an idea of how to solve this terrible situation...and starts walking/running to the destination where the solution is...and gradually the sad face changes into a happy face as he realizes that Everything will be fine! End scene: dancing in the rain with the one he loves.

Despondo
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2015

jappe wrote:This sounds like film music; progresses without stealing too much attention from the movie, and have a pleasant sound.

Rain scene...everything seems to go against the character...what to do..then he gets an idea of how to solve this terrible situation...and starts walking/running to the destination where the solution is...and gradually the sad face changes into a happy face as he realizes that Everything will be fine! End scene: dancing in the rain with the one he loves.
I'm glad you got a visual from the song.  I strive to create mood and story whenever I can. :-)

darkmode

31 Jan 2015

Nicely done. Agree with jappe, could definitely be a theme to a movie/TV show.

• Information