Last alternative feat. Goldengel (Feedback)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
goldengel

19 Jan 2015

Hi

I've asked "last alternative" for singing my song. He played guitar and I mixed his voice with some instruments.

Please let me know what you think about it. It is an slow melancholic song of love in a special way.

https://soundcloud.com/goldengel/tears-on-your-picture

jfrichards

19 Jan 2015

Super nice song.  Like a Lennon/McCartney thing.  Love the vocal work Jason.

Emian

20 Jan 2015

very nice relaxing track.
even without drums it sounds very full & energetic, due to a nice mix.

Cool !

Jan

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

goldengel

20 Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments. I've little reduced now the voice volume and re-uploaded to same soundcloud link.

I have to say, that "Last Alternative" received completly difficult parts and he did an amazing interpretation and fixed stuff on lyrics.

Thanks for trusting me. Can I upload it to iTunes / Amazon / Zune ...?

Last Alternative

20 Jan 2015

Sounds great goldengel. You're a really good songwriter and producer. It was a pleasure and I wouldn't mind doing another one for you.

https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

eusti

20 Jan 2015

goldengel wrote:Thanks for your comments. I've little reduced now the voice volume and re-uploaded to same soundcloud link.

I have to say, that "Last Alternative" received completly difficult parts and he did an amazing interpretation and fixed stuff on lyrics.
I like it better now with the vocals a little lower in volume...

D.

cjb123

27 Mar 2015

This is great Goldengel! It feels a little tentative in a way that totally works (IMO). And Last Alternative i like your dirty Nirvana-esque stuff a lot... but the kind of fragile quality to your vox on this is really touching <--   Did I just say that?!

Good job guys! :s0801:

selig
RE Developer

27 Mar 2015

goldengel wrote:Hi

I've asked "last alternative" for singing my song. He played guitar and I mixed his voice with some instruments.

Please let me know what you think about it. It is an slow melancholic song of love in a special way.

https://soundcloud.com/goldengel/tears-on-your-picture
Nice work all around - the vocals sound fairly plain to me (I'm hearing the newer mix). A bit of "John Lennon" processing might be quite nice on a simple production like this (I never heard the first mix though, maybe it was over the top?).

I do hear a fair bit of compression overall at times, which is neither good nor bad (unless you don't want the listener to hear compression). 

Love to hear more collaborations from you guys!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Concep

27 Mar 2015

Nice voice, Last Alternative!

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2015

Hi Guys

Mr Alternative singing a non-dreary song!!! And doing a nice job of it. Wonders will never cease LOL

Others are saying Lennon/McCartney but I will call America and particularly their "Last Unicorn". Some actual similarities. A pretty song, as this is too.

On first listen the strummed guitar really bothered me as it seems over processed and to wants be in front of the voice (maybe less stereo will solve). The solo is lovely in sound and feel.

I would really like to hear a more orchestrated version and this would be a be a lovely album track.

Well done both of you. Keep posting these.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Majestik Monkey

28 Mar 2015

Well ' i think what Benedict say's is quite true ! 
you can hear many places where Orkestration layer's / passages would work real nice ... & maybe some very soft percussion work maybe Kettles & so on? 
I dont like the sound of the Bass ' its far to Flat & Dull .... You should use a STRING type Bass ! something that rolls_over nicely into the following passages & leaves a slight trail behind it ! & a Harmony or two vocal would do wonder's even if very distant ,,,,  [ i must stress i am not trying to be picky ] MM .
:t2018:  Well done guy's Goldengel & L Alternative  . . .  LA ' don't be so Shy with some of those Vocal slur's Up 1 or two Octaves !!!!!!!

frog974new

28 Mar 2015

nice job on this track
good choice for the mix ^^
as you said Last Alternative may be less processing on the vocal , for this kind of atmo an vibes i prefer more a "natural" processing for the vocal to follow the melancolic feeling of the track :)

@: Benedict ,
i have the same statement about the guitar , only at the begenning ( 0 to 1:19min ) , when the sub are here its better

Kov

28 Mar 2015

Huge step forward with Your singing, Last alternative!

• Information