(Ocarina Cover) - Scarborough Fair

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2024

Around this last Chrismas I felt a strong urge to move towards more physical/acoustic instruments after all the AI crap that I was constantly bombarded with. As a result I ended up buying several new instruments that I had never tried or knew about before. Amongst those were the ocarina, which is my very first wind instrument.

This is my first attempt at recording something with it. I view it as a documentation of my progress with the instrument. I still very much consider myself a beginner, but I am slowly but steadily starting to feel more comfortable playing it.
I made the background music in Reason using ChamberTronRE, ID8, ProjectSAM.

WolfZeit

17 Jul 2024

You have more than done justice to the beautiful Scarborough Fair. I'm not sure if this is your first ever wind instrument, or woodwind instrument, but either way your musicality is shining here.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
17 Jul 2024
You have more than done justice to the beautiful Scarborough Fair. I'm not sure if this is your first ever wind instrument, or woodwind instrument, but either way your musicality is shining here.
Thanks for the compliment. :puf_smile:
Yes it is my first wind instrument, which makes it particularly exciting for me to learn. I like that the ocarina is so portable as an instrument. I've often brought it with me to a nature reserve that isn't far away from where I live and played it. I try to find a spot where not many people will see or here me and then I pick up the ocarina and start playing. I like that the instrument is made out of clay too. Adds to the "natury/earthy" vibe of the whole experience. :-)

tomusurp

18 Jul 2024

Love the melody, it sounds like a melody I've heard before so I'm guessing this is like a cover? But awesome that you are learning a new instrument. Is this recorded into a single mic? I started learning more piano and it's really allowing me to get more complex with melodies

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2024

tomusurp wrote:
18 Jul 2024
Love the melody, it sounds like a melody I've heard before so I'm guessing this is like a cover? But awesome that you are learning a new instrument. Is this recorded into a single mic? I started learning more piano and it's really allowing me to get more complex with melodies
It's an old folk melody. Yes I've used a single condender mic.
Yep sometimes it's good to learn new instruments and expand a bit. :puf_smile:

BANANA TRASH

23 Jul 2024

This is a total vibe. I feel like planting potatoes, tanning hides, and preparing for the winter in the mountains.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2024

BANANA TRASH wrote:
23 Jul 2024
This is a total vibe. I feel like planting potatoes, tanning hides, and preparing for the winter in the mountains.
Thanks, appreciate it. Yep I definitely enjoy the earthy feel the instrument gives me.

• Information