(Ethereal/Electronic) - Butterfly

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2023

Wrote this one in just two days, which is very rare for me. I usually take a lot longer. Changes can be made though, both with the music/mix and with the title.

It's a rather weird song composition wise. It's very rhythmic while at the same time very floaty with big sweeping phrases.
For me it's a very visual track. I almost look at it more as a painting than a song.

The plan is to have this track part of a mini album.

robussc

27 Jul 2023

Intro is making me think of Faithless for some reason. :) I love the sounds, just think it might out stay its welcome by about a minute as it doesn't have a lot of direction?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2023

brianwdowliong wrote:
27 Jul 2023
Nice job on this.
Thanks for the listen. :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2023

robussc wrote:
27 Jul 2023
Intro is making me think of Faithless for some reason. :) I love the sounds, just think it might out stay its welcome by about a minute as it doesn't have a lot of direction?
Thanks.
Interesting. I can understand what you're saying about "direction" and I wouldn't be surprised if other people feel the same way. That's normally how I would go about things. Things need to move along.
But I have a very specific vision for this piece. One of the main things I like about it is that it actually doesn't go into other places, but stays in the same feeling/place throughout.
The way I invision this piece is that I'm somewhere in nature watching all these colorful butterflies swirling around. It feels magical. I just stand there in awe as an observer and take in all the beauty. Almost like staring at a painting, only it's moving and alive. But there's no "what happens next?". It's just about being fully immersed in that moment.

robussc

28 Jul 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Thanks.
Interesting. I can understand what you're saying about "direction" and I wouldn't be surprised if other people feel the same way. That's normally how I would go about things. Things need to move along.
But I have a very specific vision for this piece. One of the main things I like about it is that it actually doesn't go into other places, but stays in the same feeling/place throughout.
The way I invision this piece is that I'm somewhere in nature watching all these colorful butterflies swirling around. It feels magical. I just stand there in awe as an observer and take in all the beauty. Almost like staring at a painting, only it's moving and alive. But there's no "what happens next?". It's just about being fully immersed in that moment.
Yep I get that, and I imagine in context it will work nicely :) looking forward to hearing more.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

• Information