I'm Going Clubbing (Tech House)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
craste

25 Jun 2023

Another tune complete, practice, practice practice as they say!

I'm Going Clubbing: The amazing feeling when you are on the dancefloor, feeling lovely, without a care in the world!

What was your favourite nightclub to get 'lost on the dancefloor' back in the day?

Feedback welcome!

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2023

Nice tune, good production and sound design/choices. Not a big fan of the vocal at the start but it totally fits and is very much a personal preference thing.

As for getting lost on the dancefloor it would have to be the old fantazia days at the sanctuary in Milton Keynes.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2023

It's a very solid beat, well produced too. I remember this kind of sound when I was clubbing in the early 00s. I'd say it is a track out of its time (as 99% of my production is), BUT we are entering the post-chronologic era, where everything can coexist eith everything regardless of its type of "retro". So lucky you, lucky me we can keep on producing early 00s bangers and 80s funk and maybe get an audience too!

My best memories from the clubbing scene were 2004-ish a place called the Villa

craste

26 Jun 2023

Popey wrote:
26 Jun 2023
Nice tune, good production and sound design/choices. Not a big fan of the vocal at the start but it totally fits and is very much a personal preference thing.

As for getting lost on the dancefloor it would have to be the old fantazia days at the sanctuary in Milton Keynes.
Thank you for the feedback Popey, the vocal is actually my voice going through the Manipulator plugin amongst other things! I think I need to not do the vocal as often and let the track breath a bit more.

My favorite club back in the day was a night called Wobble at a venue called Branstons in Birmingham - great times! Second I would say Godskitchen at the Sanctuary again in Birmingham.

The Venue is now a residential complex.

craste

26 Jun 2023

Quarmat wrote:
26 Jun 2023
It's a very solid beat, well produced too. I remember this kind of sound when I was clubbing in the early 00s. I'd say it is a track out of its time (as 99% of my production is), BUT we are entering the post-chronologic era, where everything can coexist eith everything regardless of its type of "retro". So lucky you, lucky me we can keep on producing early 00s bangers and 80s funk and maybe get an audience too!

My best memories from the clubbing scene were 2004-ish a place called the Villa
Thank you for your feedaback Quarmat! Where was this Villa club?

PhillipOrdonez

26 Jun 2023

I would work on the arrangement, not have the vocal on all the time, let the track build to a climax. Find a few tracks in the style and copy the arrangement structure. Think of the vocal that has the same rhythm as the bass as the main sound that's the pay-off. Don't over do your pay off and don't give it away too early. Also cut the other lines. For example in your first drop, no vocal at all. The vocal can remain on the main drop at 3:44. I would probably introduce the first vocal not earlier than 1:35 ish.

That's just some pointers. Of course you'll feel what works and what doesn't when you're working on it. If you notice that some sounds are redundant water you've restructured your vocal lines, do away with them. They are there to give a sense of building up but your vocal can now take that role and they can be muted (I'm talking about a synth sound i didn't personally like,) of course this is all up to you and your taste, I'm only thinking out loud based on my taste. Hope this word soup makes sense! Cheers!

Quarmat
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2023

craste wrote:
26 Jun 2023
It was in my area the most northwestern bit of Italy. Another place i recall with good memories was the Vicolo in Bologna.

craste

26 Jun 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Jun 2023
I would work on the arrangement, not have the vocal on all the time, let the track build to a climax. Find a few tracks in the style and copy the arrangement structure. Think of the vocal that has the same rhythm as the bass as the main sound that's the pay-off. Don't over do your pay off and don't give it away too early. Also cut the other lines. For example in your first drop, no vocal at all. The vocal can remain on the main drop at 3:44. I would probably introduce the first vocal not earlier than 1:35 ish.

That's just some pointers. Of course you'll feel what works and what doesn't when you're working on it. If you notice that some sounds are redundant water you've restructured your vocal lines, do away with them. They are there to give a sense of building up but your vocal can now take that role and they can be muted (I'm talking about a synth sound i didn't personally like,) of course this is all up to you and your taste, I'm only thinking out loud based on my taste. Hope this word soup makes sense! Cheers!
Cheeers for the advice Phillip, I have been tweaking the song for about 3 hours tonight - it amazing how much you miss interms of automation etc. not lining up and the tails of sounds in a clip not cut at the correct postion etc. and bleeding over causing little glitches not heard before. I'm going to take your advice and experiment.

I want the build to sound more exciting so will work on that too.

Cheers buddy.

craste

26 Jun 2023

Quarmat wrote:
26 Jun 2023
craste wrote:
26 Jun 2023
It was in my area the most northwestern bit of Italy. Another place i recall with good memories was the Vicolo in Bologna.
You can't beat a good club! I used to live for my weekends clubbing! I'm going to ibiza soon for a 50th Birthday present from the wife to relive my youth!

PhillipOrdonez

26 Jun 2023

It's all about the details!

And congrats on your birthday and subsequent Ibiza trip. Fun times! Does DC-10 still exist? Cause I'd go there if i was there 😎

craste

28 Jun 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Jun 2023
It's all about the details!

And congrats on your birthday and subsequent Ibiza trip. Fun times! Does DC-10 still exist? Cause I'd go there if i was there 😎
Cheers Phillip, yes DC10 is still open and it hosts the Solid Grooves parties, so think I might indulge in that! :thumbup:

• Information