(Acoustic/pop instrumental) Meet me at the midland [draft]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
dakta

09 Jun 2023

Not actually into this genre much but developed an idea, production quality is meh, but I'm enjoying the project. Bit poppy but plenty of electronic organ :)

Player here: https://krismason.org/MusicShowcase/Midland/

Thought i'd share for feedback or inspiration for making it better/getting it finished.

dakta

11 Jun 2023

That bad eh :D

mcatalao
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2023

Hi.

I can't listen a melody and the harmony is always the same. To my you have a good mix, but a really incomplete song (no melody, no separation between sections, no harmonical or rhythmic variation).

You can/should develop this into a song and repost.

Cheers,
MC

dakta

06 Aug 2023

Thanks :) It's actually a bit of a problem to me really because I wanted to leave it open to vocals (if you take the vocals off a commercial track it generally becomes more a placeholder, they sound like a backer because that's what it is) so to some extent the lack of melody is intentional, I suppose the question is how much is too little and how much is too much.

I'm hell bent on seeing this develop, I am at a bit of a loss with it currently though what an appropriate step would be.

• Information