[acid techno] Rising Night Wave - Come On! [finished]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

29 May 2023

when i heard the new adam fielding's reason+ pack for objekt i said to myself i need to use this pack. it sounds so brutally good.
so i did it. i used it in this song. for intro. i also have plan to add it at the end of song. but so far this version is shown if i may say so.

mixing and mastering is done. i hope good enough. i used two things:
- izotope's ozone 9 elements
- and reason's preset from mastering folder

this is it. take a listen. i hope you will enjoy it.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

ps: the only thing that sucks perhaps and maybe is that clicky sound at that plucky melody. i used a REX file. it is by itself like that. i do not know why. and when i raised a bit a pitch of this file it sounds even more noticeable. more annoying perhaps. but i like the melody much so i will leave it. unless if anyone can tell me how to remove this clicking.

ps2: the cover image for this relese was done by me using AI software called Stable Diffusion. this app rocks!

ps3: and some bureaucracy has to be done in song. naming, coloring, cable mnagement and so on.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Quarmat
Competition Winner

30 May 2023

Nice track, a bit long for my tastes as it never changes chord, but you managed well to keep interest by adding and removing elements throughout the track. Adam Fielding's Objeckt pack sounds awesome but I yet have to try it myself. About the clicky sound in the pluck rex file: if the click happens in the same frequency range no matter the note played you can simply notch it out with an EQ, otherwise you could put a Soothe2 or other dynamic EQ as insert on the OctoRex. I had a song where a sample had a guitar strum too loud and too left panned, so I split the stereo into two separate channels and EQed out the guitar only where it was needed. You might try to isolate your click as well. Since it seems (but not knowing the rex file I cannot be sure) that the click is is not on the attack of the note you oviously cant deal with it with attack of OctoRex ADSR but maybe you can shorten the lenght of the slice, to avoid the click to be so high in amplitude or even leaving it out completely if you're lucky with the sample. I dont know if I could explain myself, I writing with my son sitting on my knees and messing with the keyb
Last edited by Quarmat on 30 May 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Rising Night Wave

30 May 2023

hehe no problem at all. i shall try. i think i got your message.
and thanks for listening and commenting.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Rising Night Wave

30 May 2023

well okey. i figured out what is the problem. what causes it. but have no idea why is this so.
because till now i never had a similar problem with REX (.rx2) files.

this REX file for this pluck melody is natively in Em.

i am using it in Dr.OctoRex RE.

and when i under global transpose rise it on number 8 and under OSC PITCH lower OCT to 3 then this clipping occures. or in any other pitched situation.
interesting thing is: if i leave everything on default (global transpose on 0 and OCS PITCH/OCT on 4) this clipping do not occures.

i have no idea why is this so.

other thing is: i do have both and REX file and raw WAV file.
but i am not sure how to use this WAV file in Reason 12+ DAW to adjust pitch.
with every stock RE that i tried this i can not adjust or catch the speed/length.
if i use Neptune Pitch Adjuster then result is "defeating". whatever.

so i actually do not know how to solve this problem smoothly. without too much of work.

but i shall try your idea with EQing or filtering. ...

--- --- --- --- --- ---

... okey i tried now with some REs i got. stock and bought/free from RS store. nothing. i have no idea how to solve this.
EQing did not solve this problem. even with some filtering REs. damn.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

as mentioned before... in Dr.OctoREx... when changng the pitch... it looks like those slices in REX files get broken. not played correctly. (?? why is this so ??)

--- --- --- --- --- ---

... okey! i got it!

i used a bit tricky way. a bit of work and composing again.
i used Adobe's Audition.

1st i exportet that pluck melody loop (because i forgot that i actually bought a ReFill from ProducerLoops Web Store) to SSD as WAV file.
2nd then i pitch adjusted that WAV file.
3rd i imported that WAV file into reason
4th some cropping and copy/pasting tilli got desired/needed composition

okey. i solved it.
damn i almost got frustrated with that clipping and poping in original version.
now it is okey.

Rising Night Wave

30 May 2023

i also have an interesting news. i also got today at night/early in this morning a proposal for releasing this track with Industrial Techno United record label.
i shall see what to do since the instagram link is broken. actually this RL is not mentioned on instagram. so i do not know why that person mentioned or provided that broken or non functional link. i checked that label. it is relatively huge label. everything is okay. legit. no problem at all. only i do not know if this person is legit if i may say so. i also checked his profile and it looks like he is actually really working for that label. perhaps he is legit. as said i shall see. perhaps i will send an e-mail to that RL asking if this is a joke/mistake or what? they will tell me, i think. i mean, if that person who works for ITU RL sent me an non working link whay would that be so.

anyway i will report.

Chizmata

30 May 2023

overall a good work with nice sounddesign and a very technoid, rather varying than evolving structure - i like it. the clicking isnt really "wrong", but you might tame it by splitting the sound with m-class stereo imager, then reduce width and volume on the high channel. i want to criticise the pretty muddy feel of the low end though, it feels like you fed too many bass elements which also are slightly out of tune into the rumble reverb - i suppose mainly from the kick and the offbeat bass. it doesnt kill the transients though.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

30 May 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
30 May 2023
i also have an interesting news. i also got today at night/early in this morning a proposal for releasing this track with Industrial Techno United record label.
i shall see what to do since the instagram link is broken. actually this RL is not mentioned on instagram. so i do not know why that person mentioned or provided that broken or non functional link. i checked that label. it is relatively huge label. everything is okay. legit. no problem at all. only i do not know if this person is legit if i may say so. i also checked his profile and it looks like he is actually really working for that label. perhaps he is legit. as said i shall see. perhaps i will send an e-mail to that RL asking if this is a joke/mistake or what? they will tell me, i think. i mean, if that person who works for ITU RL sent me an non working link whay would that be so.

anyway i will report.
There are super cool news. I hope it is all legit! Let us know! I's also love to understand how to get some of my tracks released by some label. I really have no clue, so following your experience I may clear my mind on this subject.

Rising Night Wave

30 May 2023

Chizmata wrote:
30 May 2023
overall a good work with nice sounddesign and a very technoid, rather varying than evolving structure - i like it. the clicking isnt really "wrong", but you might tame it by splitting the sound with m-class stereo imager, then reduce width and volume on the high channel. i want to criticise the pretty muddy feel of the low end though, it feels like you fed too many bass elements which also are slightly out of tune into the rumble reverb - i suppose mainly from the kick and the offbeat bass. it doesnt kill the transients though.
i think i was gramatically and technically not corectly expressed.
the problem was in REX (.rx2) file (it looks like it is broken) when changinh pitch in Dr.OctoRex RE.
the sound was really clicky and poping because those samples in REX file got "out of order" and became clicky/poping lets say overlaping between each other.

well thanks for the criticism. i like you like the song. except the muddy low end. well this is obviously still my problem.

about out of tunes sounds you mentioned. when using WAV samples in drum players (meaning not using patches for REs) i am unable to correctly catch the needed pitch. 1st i do not hear it. 2nd it is too detailed that pitching if i may say so. per cent or something like that. it would be much easyer to use patch with RE like Thor or something like that. i have problems with that.

but thank you for listening and making a comment.

Chizmata

30 May 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
30 May 2023
Chizmata wrote:
30 May 2023
about out of tunes sounds you mentioned. when using WAV samples in drum players (meaning not using patches for REs) i am unable to correctly catch the needed pitch. 1st i do not hear it. 2nd it is too detailed that pitching if i may say so. per cent or something like that. it would be much easyer to use patch with RE like Thor or something like that. i have problems with that.
i totally feel you, i've been there.

Rising Night Wave

30 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
30 May 2023
Rising Night Wave wrote:
30 May 2023

anyway i will report.
There are super cool news. I hope it is all legit! Let us know! I's also love to understand how to get some of my tracks released by some label. I really have no clue, so following your experience I may clear my mind on this subject.
yes, ofcourse, no problem. i will gladly tell it here.

mainly things are easy: just find appropriate RL according to your song's style and send your SC link via demo submiting form on their web page or SC page. or even easyer is if they find you lets say on SC. then you have a granted contract.

i will tell it here no problem.

atm i am broke like a church mouse - do not have enven for a pack of cigarettes. damn. i am renewing my room so all the money and budget went to that. i will get some bucks in 3 weeks. so i will probably send a message to that guy who found me on SC to wait till then. if contract will go through i will need to pay for mastering and preparing the song to be released. i think the lump sum is around there lets say 50-75€ per song.

Rising Night Wave

30 May 2023

Chizmata wrote:
30 May 2023
Rising Night Wave wrote:
30 May 2023

i totally feel you, i've been there.
hehe :P

Rising Night Wave

31 May 2023

right now i am chatting with person who owns this RL called Industrial Techno United on instagram.
about releasing this song. i am not used to be straight and opened but this time i am. afterall this is a busines. and even if i am an artist i will look after money.

this RL is quite big in underground... but all their videos (songs) on YT have small amount of plays. so i told him about that and at the same asked him what can i expect with releasing this song?

i will report. i hope to the best.

RTFX

31 May 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
31 May 2023
right now i am chatting with person who owns this RL called Industrial Techno United on instagram.
about releasing this song. i am not used to be straight and opened but this time i am. afterall this is a busines. and even if i am an artist i will look after money.

this RL is quite big in underground... but all their videos (songs) on YT have small amount of plays. so i told him about that and at the same asked him what can i expect with releasing this song?

i will report. i hope to the best.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

31 May 2023

Hi RNW I would Google this label as they approached me about one of my songs. I found some stuff on reddit that was not entirely positive.

Not saying it is a scam but worth having a look at people's experiences to help you make an informed decision.

Rising Night Wave

31 May 2023

okey Popey and RTFX thanks for this info.
i will take it under consideration.

thanks.

• Information