[ambient, space] unnamed yet - opinions needed

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dominik73

07 May 2022

Hi!

Last night i have made short song, which after some corrections, will be placed on my next album.

One thing I know - i need to extend it, instead of ending.....

My problem is: I dont use monitors - only computers Speakers and rather cheap headphones....
I put it on soundcloud (thought is finished) but when I played song from my samsung highend bar :)
I removed song at once :D

Now I have made some corrections in filters and volumes, can you please tell me if:
1. what is your opinion about composition - i shall extend it (make it longer), right?
2. what is your opinion about audio itself? (my English is far from perfect, so I cant write precisely)

Thanks a lot!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AomVFL2PcGgPmepue_0 ... Q?e=heSJnn

Dabbler

07 May 2022

awesome Indian flavor

guitfnky

07 May 2022

I like it. I listened on my phone speaker, so I can’t say too much about the mix other than it seemed good to me. the music itself is interesting and kind of had me enveloped in a sort of trance. I would’ve liked it to be longer because of that, but it already has a decent flow to it, so it works well even if you leave it as-is. I don’t listen to much that sounds like this, so I don’t know what sort of expectations come with this kind of thing, but yeah, I found it a really enjoyable track. nice work! 👍🏼
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Uman's

07 May 2022

Hi

I find that the bass resonates too much and that the rest of the other
instruments would have deserved a little more compression.
But it holds together without damage.

For me, the theme is nice but without more variations, it doesn't need to be longer.

It's an interesting musical theme that I also tried to exploit but on a "hip hop" rhythm.
I hope that you will present other of your compositions to us, it's a style that I really like ! :clap:
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

moalla

08 May 2022

really nice flavor, my yogi friend will suit it :thumbup:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Mich01

10 May 2022

I like the theme and the overall melody. I don't think you have to extend it, but you can make a smooth fade at the end.
Looking at the composition, you might consider to add some tension, for example by filtersweeps in the melody-sequence. And add a bass-line to your track. Only a simple pulsating bass-line in sync with the base-drum, can change the overall sound of your composition.
But having said that; I like the track in itself.

Have fun with the experiments.
greetzz Michel

• Information