(House) I'm Nothing

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
PhillipOrdonez

29 Jan 2021

3 House tracks on this one, any feedback appreciated:

jamesa

29 Jan 2021

Really, really good. I am enjoying the classic house with a sprinkling of Kraftwerkian feel. I like the sounds, samples, and textures you chose.

I am very impressed. Maybe RS should feature you as an artist. I wish you perpetual success!

PhillipOrdonez

29 Jan 2021

jamesa wrote: ↑
    29 Jan 2021
    Really, really good. I am enjoying the classic house with a sprinkling of Kraftwerkian feel. I like the sounds, samples, and textures you chose.

I am very impressed. Maybe RS should feature you as an artist. I wish you perpetual success!
    πŸ€— I'm glad you enjoyed these tunes! And I hope they made you wanna dance! πŸ•Ί

jamesa

29 Jan 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
    29 Jan 2021
      29 Jan 2021

πŸ€— I'm glad you enjoyed these tunes! And I hope they made you wanna dance! πŸ•Ί
      Oh yeah, I was bobbin' my head as I was eating my lunch! ;)

PhillipOrdonez

29 Jan 2021

29 Jan 2021
      29 Jan 2021
        Oh yeah, I was bobbin' my head as I was eating my lunch! ;)
        That's what it's all about for me. Thank you! πŸ€—

Skimrok

30 Jan 2021

good tune reminds me of my local mainstream nightclub when I was out and about , my lost friend would of loved this I think . good stuff
        12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

PhillipOrdonez

30 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote: ↑
        30 Jan 2021
        good tune reminds me of my local mainstream nightclub when I was out and about , my lost friend would of loved this I think . good stuff
        Thanks! πŸ€—

I gotta say, your local mainstream nightclub was playing really underground music to be a local mainstream club πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Skimrok

30 Jan 2021

30 Jan 2021
        30 Jan 2021
        Thanks! πŸ€—

I gotta say, your local mainstream nightclub was playing really underground music to be a local mainstream club πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
        :thumbs_up: I think it was Djs they wasn't into the cheese music and one went on to Ministry of Sound gives you a bit of insight, funny enough 1 guy run a nightclub elsewhere and the other friend managed Fabric for years, mad looking back what come out Folkestone a sleepy seaside town , Stretch out of stretch n vern was from the same town and Paul which was part of Morchebba was 5 minutes down the road , looking back we was lucky and took it all as the norm, we even had our own Pirate station in the town in the late 80s , nuts looking back what every one was doing ,
        12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

PhillipOrdonez

30 Jan 2021

30 Jan 2021
        30 Jan 2021

Thanks! πŸ€—

:thumbs_up: I think it was Djs they wasn't into the cheese music and one went on to Ministry of Sound gives you a bit of insight, funny enough 1 guy run a nightclub elsewhere and the other friend managed Fabric for years, mad looking back what come out Folkestone a sleepy seaside town , Stretch out of stretch n vern was from the same town and Paul which was part of Morchebba was 5 minutes down the road , looking back we was lucky and took it all as the norm, we even had our own Pirate station in the town in the late 80s , nuts looking back what every one was doing ,
        Lucky! I doubt many more sleepy seaside towns had a forward thinking musical background like Folkestone! Sounds nuts indeed!

riemac

30 Jan 2021

This is really fantastic. Could be played in any house club. I like the groove, the atmosphere and the acid and guitar stabs and licks.

PhillipOrdonez

30 Jan 2021

riemac wrote: ↑
        30 Jan 2021
        This is really fantastic. Could be played in any house club. I like the groove, the atmosphere and the acid and guitar stabs and licks.
        Thank you riemac! πŸ€—

Jagwah

02 Feb 2021

29 Jan 2021
        Wow very smooth and pro sounding. The I'm nothing' vocals are top notch, was a bit of a shock, again really pro feeling / sounding. The other two were kind of minimal for my tastes but it sounds like it was intended or possibly a genre choice, very slick like the first one, which is friggen mint by the way.

Keep doing your thing man :clap:

PhillipOrdonez

02 Feb 2021

Jagwah wrote: ↑
        02 Feb 2021
        29 Jan 2021
        Wow very smooth and pro sounding. The I'm nothing' vocals are top notch, was a bit of a shock, again really pro feeling / sounding. The other two were kind of minimal for my tastes but it sounds like it was intended or possibly a genre choice, very slick like the first one, which is friggen mint by the way.

Keep doing your thing man :clap:
        Cheers, Jagwah, thanks for having a listen. Definitely, they are all minimal house/ deep minimal house. Glad you enjoyed at least one of them! πŸ€—

craste

02 Feb 2021

Good quality, well produced tracks in my opinion, all the sounds compliment each other and if you come back after a few days to take another listen, you do pick up on other little sounds which help drive the track along.

(Hence the fact its took me this long to add a comment, first time I listened to it was miles away thinking about work, so wasn't really listening to the track!)

Track one is my favourite, I could imagine listening to this with my headphones on, lying on a sun longer on holiday round the pool, (or its being played by the swim-up pool bar there). Eyes closed feeling the pulses of heat from the sun on my eyelids. I open my eyes, sit up take a sip from my ice cold beer, stick on my dark shades (perv glasses) and indulge in viewing the beautiful surroundings whilst tapping with my foot to the beat. Oh to be away now!

Track 2 and 3, I could imagine them being played in a cool bar or the DJ's warm up set in a club, getting everybody in the mood and groove for what's to come.

I think I'd remember the first one more as its got the memorable vocal. This is something I'm really concentrating on now in my music production too; what's the hook, what's the melody that people will hum to themselves after listening to your track for the first time? That ear-worm which gets in their head and stays there.

Well done Phillip.

PhillipOrdonez

02 Feb 2021

craste wrote: ↑
        02 Feb 2021
        Good quality, well produced tracks in my opinion, all the sounds compliment each other and if you come back after a few days to take another listen, you do pick up on other little sounds which help drive the track along.

(Hence the fact its took me this long to add a comment, first time I listened to it was miles away thinking about work, so wasn't really listening to the track!)

Track one is my favourite, I could imagine listening to this with my headphones on, lying on a sun longer on holiday round the pool, (or its being played by the swim-up pool bar there). Eyes closed feeling the pulses of heat from the sun on my eyelids. I open my eyes, sit up take a sip from my ice cold beer, stick on my dark shades (perv glasses) and indulge in viewing the beautiful surroundings whilst tapping with my foot to the beat. Oh to be away now!

Track 2 and 3, I could imagine them being played in a cool bar or the DJ's warm up set in a club, getting everybody in the mood and groove for what's to come.

I think I'd remember the first one more as its got the memorable vocal. This is something I'm really concentrating on now in my music production too; what's the hook, what's the melody that people will hum to themselves after listening to your track for the first time? That ear-worm which gets in their head and stays there.

Well done Phillip.
        Cheers Craig, thanks for putting the time to listen and write your thoughts, I appreciate it πŸ€—

Certainly the whole hook, memorable melody is a must or else be forgotten thing is a thing, and in some genres more than others, and there should be some of that to a certain degree. I reckon having some less memorable but equally effective tunes is also important though. If they move the body within a DJ set, help string a mood out, they have succeeded. Not every song can or should be a hit. It's the tracks in between which make the hits stand out even more. This coming from my experience as a former DJ for over a decade, which totally informs my music production. I actually struggle a bit more making those kinds of subtle tracks, you know?!

• Information