(Electronic, ambient, sci-fi OST, Synth-pop, without lyrics) "Urban twilight in Eridani"

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Eusantis

24 Jan 2021

First track of my new musical project. Not yet EQ or mastering; but I think I have an ear for mixing, and that makes up for it, and makes it already enjoyable. More explanations in the link ...

For the production of this song I have used, in addition to Reason and the Roland Jupiter Xm, a Presonus 24c audio interface. As a Computer, a Macbook Pro 13 m1.

Eusantis

26 Jan 2021

I have tried to improve the mix, but in the end I went back to the first mix, varying it very very little on how it was. Sometimes when we try to improve by editing and editing, we lose perspective and what we do is make things worse.
The fact is that I will not be able to continue with this project until the summer. Work shit. You can't live with it, but you can't live without it either. I am looking forward to retirement.

Anyway, since this is a work in progress and It is a project in which I will not be able to work in the next few months, some words about the things to improve in it are very wellcome.

Auryn

26 Jan 2021

Eusantis wrote:
24 Jan 2021
First track of my new musical project. Not yet EQ or mastering; but I think I have an ear for mixing, and that makes up for it, and makes it already enjoyable. More explanations in the link ...

For the production of this song I have used, in addition to Reason and the Roland Jupiter Xm, a Presonus 24c audio interface. As a Computer, a Macbook Pro 13 m1.

I listened to this yesterday and my first take was "don't kid yourself on the 'ear for mixing' thing", there is a long road ahead of you on that front (sorry)

what are you aiming for? is there a track or style that could serve as a benchmark?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

gritz

26 Jan 2021

very Jarre like, sounds a bit out of sync on the arp but that could be me... needs to be looked at for a better mix, but I like it and where its goin g keep on with it....

Eusantis

27 Jan 2021

Thanks a lot for your ears and words, Auryn and gritz. Yes, it need to be equalized and mastered. There is still no EQ or mastering work on the track, and the mix sounds quite good to me, without these work made, and not being all the final sounds (Obviously, it is a work in progress). Maybe I share things before of time, for impatient, although as I know that I could not continue at the moment, that also has to do.

In any case, since I will not be able to continue until the summer, I will see everything then from a new perspective, fresher, I suppose.

• Information