(LoFi Mellow Alternative) Slow Burn

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
SymphonicDischord

06 Dec 2020

Hey guys, here's another track that I had done. Pretty low key, just some spacey guitar, bass and drums. I was really hoping to do some vocals for it but I've hit a bit of a "block" in that area.

Thanks for the listen.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2020

Nice track. Like the grittiness of the guitar.
My only constructive criticism would be to maybe make the mix a little wider somehow. The mix is very monoish. Not a huge problem though. Just a thought.

SymphonicDischord

13 Dec 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Dec 2020
Nice track. Like the grittiness of the guitar.
My only constructive criticism would be to maybe make the mix a little wider somehow. The mix is very monoish. Not a huge problem though. Just a thought.

Thanks for listening and for the feedback. That’s fair and I was at a little bit of a loss on how to widen it when I did the initial recording. I’m so used to multi tracking my guitars and hard panning left/right but with this one it was just one guitar track. Once I figure something out vocally for it, I may go back and try a widener on just the guitar or maybe the entire track. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

EdwardKiy

14 Dec 2020

Really enjoyed this.

My humble criticism:

1. There's may be few too many chord changes and root note transpositions to make the piece more memorable melodically - for instance every time at the end of the (chorus?) phrase you transpose upwards instead of going downwards (at 0:27 or 1:59 etc), which would be a much more natural and pleasant resolution.

2. The bass feels a bit too timid - bring it up, let it fill everything up. I believe 'All Them Witches' is the overall feel you're going for.

Also, the genre is called psychedelic rock :DD

Good job, keep us posted on how this develops!

• Information