The band is back together :) RP's ARK (PoohBear\Electronic\80s maybe)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

Staring Predator, Blue II, Go2, Vecto, Quad, SubBoomBass, Blade, Punch, Multi and B.I.T's, all the devices you see in the video are the actual instruments used (including keyboards LOL).

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

EdwardKiy

28 Feb 2020

If anything I write further brings you down at any point, remember that I'm just an asshole, and my opinion doesn't really matter, then use the anger to fuel your fire.

I think it's safe to assume from both this piece and the video that you are a very technical, even pedantic person with a lot of patience and attention to, if not an obsession with detail. You, my friend, are an engineer. And it's not a bad thing for music - like Aphex Twin, you're approaching music from a different angle than I ever could.

From a musical perspective, I would say that it's lacking in harmony - it's way too simplistic, even naive for your ambition here. The lead synth could be more expressive - it sounds like it really wants to be, since you've given it that much space.

There's no way around learning harmony, unless you want to be one of those modular people with too much disposable income producing "cool sounds". I'd recommend starting with something hardcore from the get-go, like Chopin - the harmony incarnate, then look at Bach when you feel like getting more technical. Then there's Jazz. The good news is, there's nothing in harmony after Jazz - everything onward has only been a reduction. You can speed up the learning of harmony with drugs and emotional trauma, but I wouldn't recommend either.

Best of luck!

jappe

28 Feb 2020

Love it! Wonderful vibe...it sounds like a great 90s gaming track... Something that would fit so we'll in Pinball Dreams
👍👌

TheGodOfRainbows

28 Feb 2020

Good stuff! The track is cool, and I love 'the band' rofl.

raymondh

15 Mar 2020

This is sooooo cool!!!!!

I don't concur with the 'lack of harmony' comment above. Sounds very musical to me! Very cool.

And as for the video. Wow!!! Incredible work.

Love the guy kicking the kick drum!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

Cool. :thumbs_up:
The video was great also.

motuscott

16 Mar 2020

Heavily featuring Wbl3001 Dispositif Pour Contact Premier!!
A desert island plug in if there ever was one.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

jamesa

16 Mar 2020

This is GREAT!!!! I love the video, especially the tambourine player :-D

Everything about the piece and the video rocks. Very well done. I would say the chord progressions you chose are perfect as are the sounds and mix.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2020

EdwardKiy wrote: ...
Thanks for your feedback, I'm a simple person and so are my tracks and they are usually written in a couple of hours however I'll look into harmonic's one day..
This may interest you more a bed of polyphonic interplay, with many polyrhythms and crossrhythms fading in and out

jappe wrote: it sounds like a great 90s
Oh no I have failed
jappe wrote: gaming track...
No, no, I'm saved :D
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
raymondh wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:
So glad you enjoyed it..
motuscott wrote: Heavily featuring Wbl3001 Dispositif Pour Contact Premier!!
A desert island plug in if there ever was one.
I more or less use at least one of those in every song as you can stack "Players" on-top of them, then I redirect the players, very useful ....... and pretty :D
jamesa wrote:
16 Mar 2020
This is GREAT!!!! I love the video, especially the tambourine player :-D
The tambourine guy is quite versatile, got a shaker in this one LOL

Thank you all for your feedback....

The PoohBear.....

• Information