(Singer-Songwriter) Count On Me

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sonnyandthedark

Post 10 Oct 2019

Going through some old reason projects that I had not released and just finished this one.

Yonatan

Post 10 Oct 2019

Congrats! Very nice afropop vibe to it, getting back to days of Paul Simon, Sting, and lot of others in the 80's.

Kind of recognice a Rex loop in drums in the verse? What else refills or instruments are you using? What was changed now when finishing it?
Reason for all Seasons

sonnyandthedark

Post 10 Oct 2019

Hey thanks man. I have not got the project in front of me but I am pretty sure the rex loops are in the Reggae Dub OneDrop patch and I also layered another loop from the Studio Drums folder for the chorus. The trumpet sound is based on a Reason default patch, sounds terrible in solo but seemed to pierce through the mix lol. The guitars and bass were recorded direct in. There is also a glockenspiel hiding in there somewhere oh and a few trumpet slides from the soul refill.

I started this when I bought reason 9 and was learning how to use it. I loaded up that beat and strummed G C D and then everything fell into place, finished at 3am and went to work a few hours later lol. Not sure why it was sitting on my hard drive for so long, only needed to add backing vocals and adjust a few levels. Saying that I have a lot more songs than are pretty much finished... need to get on with it lol.

bossa

Post 12 Oct 2019

A very good mix! It is sounds very good!

• Information