[piano dance] First Reason Track

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
prophecy

09 Dec 2018

First track completed in Reason 10 Lite. I have no idea of the genre, so I've picked dance out of nowhere.

Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

DrGOA®

10 Dec 2018

I like the track!

mashers

10 Dec 2018

Nice start to your first track! I like the cheeky little time signature change. I'd say this is bordering on acid jazz. Nice work! This has potential to be layered up more to a big buildup and a nice lead line of some kind. Keep going :)

bossa
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2018

I like the song beginning!

Creativemind

10 Dec 2018

Nice track. There is a note off on the bassy melody that comes in at 32s. The 2nd note in the loop sounds out of key to me.

Really like it though. Drops out and kicks in nice and flows well. Like the fingerclick, what did you do to that?

It's a good first track. Better than my first Reason track in 2012 haha!

You just need to expand on it more now.

Good work.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

prophecy

10 Dec 2018

DrGOA® wrote:
10 Dec 2018
I like the track!
Thanks Doc.
mashers wrote:
10 Dec 2018
Nice start to your first track! I like the cheeky little time signature change. I'd say this is bordering on acid jazz. Nice work! This has potential to be layered up more to a big buildup and a nice lead line of some kind. Keep going :)
Thanks mashers. Once I found out how easy it was to change the time signature in Reason I really got going. And now I have a genre to explore and learn from. Ta.
bossa wrote:
10 Dec 2018
I like the song beginning!
Thanks Bossa. I'm celebrating my beginnings, hoping they will lead to more.
Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

prophecy

10 Dec 2018

Creativemind wrote:
10 Dec 2018
Nice track. There is a note off on the bassy melody that comes in at 32s. The 2nd note in the loop sounds out of key to me.

Really like it though. Drops out and kicks in nice and flows well. Like the fingerclick, what did you do to that?

It's a good first track. Better than my first Reason track in 2012 haha!

You just need to expand on it more now.

Good work.
Thanks CreativeMind. The bass melody is playing a bit with the C sharp, for some dissonance. I don't mind it, but I can see how it might not be for everyone.

All the sounds are stock Reason 10 (lite - I don't know if that makes much of a difference). The kit is Pop Kit 1 and the sound I think you're talking about is a snap and a shaker at the same time. I did the briefest bit of fiddling with compression on the kit too, but I'm pants at mixing/mastering/EQing etc., so it's mostly luck and stock sounds if it comes across as good.

And yes, I will get building. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Information