(Rock) Money (Pink Floyd Cover)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dante

18 Dec 2017

Had lots of fun making this in reason 10:

Some points about this :
1) I was thinking about making a parody version about 'Money - its a Xmas Gas' about how much money we spend at Xmas - but I liked the original lyrics so much I decided against this. Maybe the parody version as a follow up.
2) If I do make another version, to avoid copyright implications of Pink Floyds cash register samples, I could modernise it and replace with samples of BitCoin. Problem is I don't know what bitcoins sound like.
3) Its hard work making a 2 minute David Gilmour guitar solo 2 bars at a time cut and paste.
4) Doing covers you learn a lot of new techniques - I never would have thought of putting a Rhodes (Radical Keys) through a Phaser Wah - which worked really well.
5) Reason could use a good physical modelling sax - anyone know any good sax VST ?

jappe

09 Feb 2018

Dante wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Had lots of fun making this in reason 10:
https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/money ... loyd-cover

Some points about this :
1) I was thinking about making a parody version about 'Money - its a Xmas Gas' about how much money we spend at Xmas - but I liked the original lyrics so much I decided against this. Maybe the parody version as a follow up.
2) If I do make another version, to avoid copyright implications of Pink Floyds cash register samples, I could modernise it and replace with samples of BitCoin. Problem is I don't know what bitcoins sound like.
3) Its hard work making a 2 minute David Gilmour guitar solo 2 bars at a time cut and paste.
4) Doing covers you learn a lot of new techniques - I never would have thought of putting a Rhodes (Radical Keys) through a Phaser Wah - which worked really well.
5) Reason could use a good physical modelling sax - anyone know any good sax VST ?
Impressing work here, especially as I don't personally feel I have any skills to replicate other music. It's a learning path I've skipped, but I realize it's a very rewarding one.

• Information