(Piano,Vocals,Synth) Tears

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Post Reply
User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

03 Aug 2017

A short piece of piano, vocals and a synth.

https://allihoopa.com/s/Ar3lss2y


Made in Reason 9.5,
RE Radical Piano,
RE Synapse GQ-7 for everything,
RE Selig Leveler for vocals,
Mastered through emastered.com

I recorded the vocals in Comp Edit, many takes, selected the best take of each part, pitch edit & a bit manual dynamics fix to help Leveler a bit, and built four vocal tracks from that where one is mid and two hard panned left/right and one supplemental track in middle.

The piano unfortunately has been distorted in a few places when emastered.com processed it which is surprising; I suspect that's a defect since I can't hear any artifacts at all in the raw file.
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

User avatar
modecca
Posts: 401
Joined: 07 Jul 2016

04 Aug 2017

I really like the piano playing at the beginning.

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

04 Aug 2017

modecca wrote: ↑
04 Aug 2017
I really like the piano playing at the beginning.
Thanks for the feedback!
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

raymondh
Posts: 867
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

04 Aug 2017

Nice one Jappe!

I like it too. I think it would be even nicer (maybe) with some strings (maybe from the Orkester refill) behind your solo piano sections. But kudos, nice work!

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

05 Aug 2017

raymondh wrote: ↑
04 Aug 2017
Nice one Jappe!

I like it too. I think it would be even nicer (maybe) with some strings (maybe from the Orkester refill) behind your solo piano sections. But kudos, nice work!
Thanks for feedback!
I'll make some string experiments with it, Stringwerk is on my buy list.
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

User avatar
CaliforniaBurrito
Posts: 362
Joined: 11 Nov 2015

08 Aug 2017

Nice composition, although if I was in the hot seat, this would be an intro or break to a banging hardstyle track. In other words, it wants to go somewhere, but it's really up to you where to take it. :)
The rabbit hole is imploding.

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

09 Aug 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote: ↑
08 Aug 2017
Nice composition, although if I was in the hot seat, this would be an intro or break to a banging hardstyle track. In other words, it wants to go somewhere, but it's really up to you where to take it. :)
Thanks for feedback!
Would be nice to hear a hardstyle version of this :)
perhaps I'll take that as a challenge... perhaps someone else would like to make something completely different building on it.
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

User avatar
aburazaru
Posts: 151
Joined: 28 Feb 2016

10 Aug 2017

give up the FILEZ! Remix Party!

Edit, I got a little too excited... The piano is great and your vocals are awesome as usual. Question, was this played or sequenced on the piano?
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

User avatar
mbfrancis
Posts: 475
Joined: 02 Feb 2015

10 Aug 2017

I love this - so creative. Feels like something out of late English psychedelia. Wonderful.

User avatar
sumusik
Posts: 86
Joined: 22 Jun 2016

12 Aug 2017

jappe wrote: ↑
03 Aug 2017
A short piece of piano, vocals and a synth.

https://allihoopa.com/s/Ar3lss2y


Made in Reason 9.5,
RE Radical Piano,
RE Synapse GQ-7 for everything,
RE Selig Leveler for vocals,
Mastered through emastered.com

I recorded the vocals in Comp Edit, many takes, selected the best take of each part, pitch edit & a bit manual dynamics fix to help Leveler a bit, and built four vocal tracks from that where one is mid and two hard panned left/right and one supplemental track in middle.

The piano unfortunately has been distorted in a few places when emastered.com processed it which is surprising; I suspect that's a defect since I can't hear any artifacts at all in the raw file.
Nice! Sticking to most of the stuff I've heard from you. Fun and quirky on the surface with serious undertones and lyrics. Good balance. Of course loving the piano work. Always interesting throughout the 2:18. BUT! Give us more than the 4 back to back verses (or 2 depending how you look at it) add a chorus/refrain (vox or not) and a bridge proper. I know you posted it on Allihoopa so odds are it's not done yet. It seems like the outroish piano chords are for other ppl to add to or whatever that crazy Allihoopa is for. lol Nonetheless, great job. Would love to hear it "finished" by you if it hasn't been done so.

hu-ryu
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Sep 2016

12 Aug 2017

Pretty good piano. I also enjoyed the vocals. It'll be some time before I'm comfortable enough to upload an original audio onto Soundcloud though!

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

13 Aug 2017

aburazaru wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2017
give up the FILEZ! Remix Party!

Edit, I got a little too excited... The piano is great and your vocals are awesome as usual. Question, was this played or sequenced on the piano?
Thank you!
The piano was played, then polished in the sequencer.
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

13 Aug 2017

mbfrancis wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2017
I love this - so creative. Feels like something out of late English psychedelia. Wonderful.
Thank's!
"Sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band" was one of the first records I bought, favourite Beatles record πŸ™‚
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

13 Aug 2017

sumusik wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2017


Nice! Sticking to most of the stuff I've heard from you. Fun and quirky on the surface with serious undertones and lyrics. Good balance. Of course loving the piano work. Always interesting throughout the 2:18. BUT! Give us more than the 4 back to back verses (or 2 depending how you look at it) add a chorus/refrain (vox or not) and a bridge proper. I know you posted it on Allihoopa so odds are it's not done yet. It seems like the outroish piano chords are for other ppl to add to or whatever that crazy Allihoopa is for. lol Nonetheless, great job. Would love to hear it "finished" by you if it hasn't been done so.
Thank you for the good advice!
I normally post on SoundCloud, so this one has "as-is" status for others to build on. (though the crackles that emastered.com introduced really needs to be fixed...I guess I should file a support ticket at remastered.)
But the nice feedback I got also inspires me to continue with itπŸ™‚
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

13 Aug 2017

hu-ryu wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2017
Pretty good piano. I also enjoyed the vocals. It'll be some time before I'm comfortable enough to upload an original audio onto Soundcloud though!
Thanks for the feedback!
By "original audio" you refer to vocals, right?
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

hu-ryu
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Sep 2016

13 Aug 2017

jappe wrote: ↑
13 Aug 2017
hu-ryu wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2017
Pretty good piano. I also enjoyed the vocals. It'll be some time before I'm comfortable enough to upload an original audio onto Soundcloud though!
Thanks for the feedback!
By "original audio" you refer to vocals, right?

Oh yeah that's what I meant. You're welcome btw.

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 1710
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

13 Aug 2017

hu-ryu wrote: ↑
13 Aug 2017
jappe wrote: ↑
13 Aug 2017


Thanks for the feedback!
By "original audio" you refer to vocals, right?

Oh yeah that's what I meant. You're welcome btw.
I can recommend this for vocal training guidance!
https://www.reddit.com/r/singing/
Recommended Reasontalker spoken poetry:Life Bites by Simply Adam

Recommended: Bitleys refills!

My most recent music:
(80s vibe melodic synthpop) Misery Turning

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: bitleyβ„’ and 8 guests