(Instrumental) The Lake Ahead

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mguh22

18 Mar 2017

MGB

19 Mar 2017

yo. I think this is great. all the elements are clear and it's not overstated. My main critique would be that more than 9 minutes is loooooong. i scrolled through and there are lots of different sections to the tune, i just think they take a long time to arrive. but that's clearly a very personal preference so feel free to ignore :) :thumbs_up:

mguh22

21 Mar 2017

Cheers man! It's long on purpose as I set myself a challenge to try that; still learning how to keep things interesting for as long as possible! I believe the melodies are hopefully strong enough to sustain it...

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2017

I like long and at 9 mins this barely registers on my sloooow brain but taking 4 mins to introduce a melody does seem a bit much - well on first listen anyway.

Once it is all happening It is definitely a nice piece and something I would enjoy on my Plex rotation.

Initial complaint is that I find the percussion too dominant, esp seeing as it is so static (a problem I find with pretty well all sample libraries). By about 7 mins I would also like to hear some variety in the instrumentation as it starts to lumber from repetition and lack of breathing room.

I dipped into The Road and felt I had the same criticisms there too. To me it seems that you are killing the delicacy of the melodic mood with the desire to make the mix sound big and beaty.

Again tho I really like where you are going melodically and will keep and eye out for you posting an album.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Last Alternative

22 Mar 2017

I don't have Spotify so it cut out on me but I like what I heard.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

mguh22

24 Mar 2017

Thanks, it's on all the other streaming services. I'm going to try and get my stuff on YouTube so it can be streamed without an account.
Cheers

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2017

Why not look into Bandcamp as they are very good for the album format and unsigned artists. Just BYO traffic.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information