(Electronica) Reptiles Revenge

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2016

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13488769

Help me name this song. Any words or random associations will be helpful.
I can't promise i'll use them but who knows, maybe they'll at least give me some ideas.
Edit: I've named it now, twice.

I've used Megasaur, Snakebite and a couple of sounds from Mixfood Ambi Nature. The synths are all heavily processed with effects.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 29 Nov 2016, edited 3 times in total.

TheMiles

28 Nov 2016

"automation" poped up in my mind just a few sec after listening to the song :). I can imagine a robot-driven production plant to this song.

Bixbambi

28 Nov 2016

I propose : ‘meeting in the forest’

Trefor

28 Nov 2016

How about 'SambaTron' :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2016

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'll go with the name "Anaconda".
From the start I always had some sort of snake and jungle associations. And with the use of Snakebite and Megasaur it seems fitting to have a snake theme.

Still it's interesting to see what other people come up with when they hear your music. I'm often surprised by the many ways a song can be interpreted.

HepCat

28 Nov 2016

Anaconda is already a Nicky Minaj song and a pretty poor one at that. I think your song has a nice overdriven synth but that contrasts with a hipster wah-wah-ed kind of distorted bassline, so it's difficult to pin down and give a name. It reminds me of subways, cities, and being chased. That would mean either cops or gangsters chasing you, so l'd call it "The Pigs", "The 5-Oh", "Blues and Twos", "The Filth" or any other term for a cop.

Or if it's gangsters chasing you, l'd name it after the Droogs in Clockwork Orange, as they're kind of suave but utterly depraved fearmongers.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2016

HepCat wrote:Anaconda is already a Nicky Minaj song and a pretty poor one at that. I think your song has a nice overdriven synth but that contrasts with a hipster wah-wah-ed kind of distorted bassline, so it's difficult to pin down and give a name. It reminds me of subways, cities, and being chased. That would mean either cops or gangsters chasing you, so l'd call it "The Pigs", "The 5-Oh", "Blues and Twos", "The Filth" or any other term for a cop.

Or if it's gangsters chasing you, l'd name it after the Droogs in Clockwork Orange, as they're kind of suave but utterly depraved fearmongers.
Yeah I know about Nickys Anaconda song, not the best song to say the least.
I definitely don't think about subways, cops or gansters when I hear my song though.

I'm considering the title "Reptiles Revenge" at the moment.

• Information