(Technoish) - Linear

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sentient.minority

10 Oct 2016

Any feedback welcome.

Aggie

11 Oct 2016

My thoughts:

00:00 - A very nice build across the whole piece - it takes it's time, which is reflected by the overall length.
02:35 - I think the ambient sounds are cool - just on the cusp but still nice and clear.
03:50 - like the change-down...
04:04 - I think some of the notes in the lead synth being introduced here might be a bit off key?
05:45 - This a very long lead out.... nice! :)

I like it - thanks for the listen!

aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

sentient.minority

11 Oct 2016

Thanks for listening, there is supposed to be a little dissonance here and there.

My favourite bit is actually the filter and reverb on the last note.

Chizmata

13 Oct 2016

some chilled yet pushing oldschool-techtrance witch a groovy acid bassline, i like it

MycelialCords

14 Oct 2016

Sweet track! I didn't even realise when it was finished, great atmosphere and groove.
Mycelial Cords - It's Worth It (Alternative Hip Hop)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7503003

submonsterz

14 Oct 2016

I never got to the end before pressing stop :(.
I admit i only listened via mobile but the hats on that were so ear piercing and loud in the mix it made it uncomfortable to my ears.
Im not shure how it would translate on a big rig but going by what it sounds like on mobile id say them hats would cause pain at that level .
Activate dimish -20db button and listen at low volume to see if the hats pierce thtough the mix if they do and sound loud to me then thats way to loud .

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Oct 2016

submonsterz wrote:I never got to the end before pressing stop :(.
I admit i only listened via mobile but the hats on that were so ear piercing and loud in the mix it made it uncomfortable to my ears.
Im not shure how it would translate on a big rig but going by what it sounds like on mobile id say them hats would cause pain at that level .
Activate dimish -20db button and listen at low volume to see if the hats pierce thtough the mix if they do and sound loud to me then thats way to loud .
That's really hard to tell on mobile speakers, which has zero to none low end. Hat's sounds fine here.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

submonsterz

14 Oct 2016

Kenni wrote:
That's really hard to tell on mobile speakers, which has zero to none low end. Hat's sounds fine here.
Ill check later on speakers . But i know my mobile pretty well sound wise and is a good way to hear that high end .
Maybe its that particular frequency spot that is my hurt zone for my ears . But i think too many people have hats way too loud any how and boy in clubs it hurts lol.

sentient.minority

14 Oct 2016

submonsterz wrote:
Kenni wrote:
Ill check later on speakers . But i know my mobile pretty well sound wise and is a good way to hear that high end .
Maybe its that particular frequency spot that is my hurt zone for my ears . But i think too many people have hats way too loud any how and boy in clubs it hurts lol.
Hi my Colchestarian buddy, no offence intended but I hope it's your ears!

Say hello to CRS if you see him around :P

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2016

Nice tune. No problem with the hi hats for me. The bassline and the reverby pads sounds like they're fighting in the same frequency range (lower midrange) a bit, at least to me. Especially since the pads release time (or the reverb tail) is so long.
In my productions this is where I usually reach for Ochen Ks "Carve EQ Ducker". Check it out. Just don't overdo it though, a little goes a long way.

sentient.minority

15 Oct 2016

Cheers all for the feedback, useful for the learning process!

Kov

15 Oct 2016

Nice deep acid with a good spacy mix.

• Information