(Hip Hop) OldSchool

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aburazaru

02 Oct 2016

Been watching Luke Cage on Netflix (hip hop soundtrack) and had to take a break from work today just to throw this down. It's a very rough draft, but I thought it was fun enough to post! Thoughts and feedback always welcome, I just wanted to share it!

How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Faxxer

02 Oct 2016

oh ya!!! loving Luke Cage..he's bad to the bone!!!! You captured it perfectly too!!! Maybe slide in some reverb and subtle delay some places you got this all the way
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

aburazaru

02 Oct 2016

Haha, thanks! Where would you suggest I slide that delay/reverb in? It sounds on the edge of overcrowded to me, but not there yet. Also, has anybody noticed how godawful bookface compression is? Makes my mix sound like it was made on an etchisketch with a headphone jack.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

• Information