(Drone) In The Mist

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Ahornberg

02 Jul 2016

Yesterday I found myself on a party. Lots of people talking around me and way too loud music for my ears.
So I recorded this kind of audio mist that happened to be around me on my mobile phone.

And now you are listening to a 100 times timestreched version of it.
The timestretch itself was done in Audacity using Paulstretch.

Jivethompson

02 Jul 2016

Wow! That is art man! No kidding, really interesting. Through the abstraction, you can still 'feel' the human elements....the long chorus-like gasps of air as if one is stuck in a space-time tesseract :P

I recorded the same kinda thing years ago...but did nothing with the audiofile (don't have it anymore). Speaking of experimental sound design; i once had the idea to open up 15 to 20 youtube clips about sharks and record that chaos. I did, but never recorded it. Maybe for your next experiment? ;)

Ahornberg

02 Jul 2016

Jivethompson wrote:Wow! That is art man! No kidding, really interesting. Through the abstraction, you can still 'feel' the human elements....the long chorus-like gasps of air as if one is stuck in a space-time tesseract :P

I recorded the same kinda thing years ago...but did nothing with the audiofile (don't have it anymore). Speaking of experimental sound design; i once had the idea to open up 15 to 20 youtube clips about sharks and record that chaos. I did, but never recorded it. Maybe for your next experiment? ;)
Thanks, man! I always keep on experimenting :puf_wink:

The_G

02 Jul 2016

Cool stuff man!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Bloma

03 Jul 2016

It sounds awesome. It really sounds like you designed it that way. It reminds me of how a toilet flushing would sound to a fly.

jappe

03 Jul 2016

Very haunting sound, in a pleasant way.
This could be good background for some game; For some reason I think of mining sessions in Icecrown(World Of Warcraft) when I listen to it.

Ahornberg

04 Jul 2016

Thank you for all your great responses to this experimental "song" :D

• Information