(Lithium Synth Demo Song) - Virus

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2016

I've been one of the beta testers and I just finished a Lithium demo song.
All synth sounds are made with Lithium.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13358179

or for worse sound quality on Soundcloud :)

Aggie

18 Apr 2016

My thoughts:

As a demo of what Lithium can do, it's okay. For me, it lacks a coherent theme and driving beat - and maybe a drop or some side chaining....

Thanks for uploading!
aggie

Adam Gill | BandLab

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2016

Aggie wrote:My thoughts:

As a demo of what Lithium can do, it's okay. For me, it lacks a coherent theme and driving beat - and maybe a drop or some side chaining....

Thanks for uploading!
aggie
Thanks for your comment. I can see what you mean. It's not the most upbeat or catchy song there is. I do use some sidechaining though :) but not in the super obvious way we usually here it.

I don't really plan or try to write in a certain way when I sit down to make music. I'm more of a "whatever happens happens" kind of song writer. This time a slow darker sounding tune happened.
Hopefully having a couple of demos will complement each other and show different sides and capabilities of the synth.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

18 Apr 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:or for worse sound quality on Soundcloud :)
It's no problem of Soundcloud. In fact this demo is so stupidly loud that it will never sound good. I hear it on some pretty cheap PC speakers ATM, and it distorts like hell :( !

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2016

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:or for worse sound quality on Soundcloud :)
It's no problem of Soundcloud. In fact this demo is so stupidly loud that it will never sound good. I hear it on some pretty cheap PC speakers ATM, and it distorts like hell :( !
Well many sounds in the song are very distorted and some are kind of abrasive but that's intentional. I can see why people would hate it, that's totally fine.

But despite the distorted nature of the sounds I can still tell the difference in terms of sound quality between Soundcloud and Soundclick. But if you're listening on cheap PC speakers, yeah you're probably not gonna hear much difference.

Bloma

18 Apr 2016

It sounds really punchy, and I like that high synth melody that comes in. Maybe you could make a longer track from it.

Benedict
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2016

I rather like it as the sounds are warm and engaging, even the scary ones. Plus there is a melody!!!

I'm with Bloma on wanting more.

Guess I'll have to make my own Lithium demo tune now :roll:

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2016

Well here it is

Not remotely EDM (well not in the way you expect) but typical of my current direction. Anyone who says IDT can't make cool instruments just isn't trying hard enough.

Sounds, as you hear them:

Underwater - Lithium + The Echo + RV7000
Bass 1 - Lithium + The Echo + M-CLass Comp
Dignity - Lithium + CF-101 + Echobode
Kik - Lithium
Snare - Lithium
Hat/Cymbal - Lithium
- Bus : C1 L1 Comp + Synchronus Reverb
Thin String - Lithium + Elements Chorus + Elements Chorus
Arp 1 - Lithium + M-Class Comp + M-Class Maximizer + CF-101 + The Echo + Gain
Pulsex - Lithium Combi (preset)
Choir - Lithium + The Echo + M-Class Comp

Benedict Roff-Marsh

WongoTheSane

20 Apr 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Great demo. Impressive sounds and very dark ambience. Thanks, Tritone.

WongoTheSane

20 Apr 2016

Benedict wrote:Well here it is
Very impressive as well. I like the dark theme. And the description of effects is very useful.

Seriously, thanks to all who do demos for new REs. I find it's a very interesting complement to trialing the devices. I've often been surprised by how differently people use the same machines, it's both inspiring and useful.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2016

Bloma wrote:It sounds really punchy, and I like that high synth melody that comes in. Maybe you could make a longer track from it.
Thanks. It would be nice to make a longer version, I kind of tried for a while but I just couldn't come up with anything so I kept it short.
But it might happen later on, we'll see. I guess a short track still works as a demo though.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2016

WongoTheSane wrote: Seriously, thanks to all who do demos for new REs. I find it's a very interesting complement to trialing the devices. I've often been surprised by how differently people use the same machines, it's both inspiring and useful.
I agree. And it shows how much art is about creativity, personality and taste rather than the gear. Of course a device/instrument can really inspire you to make music in a certain way that you wouldn't have done otherwise.

cosignsessions

02 May 2016

personally, if it wasn't for this demo I would never even thought twice about the RE. That thick/nasty/speaker destroying sound has peaked my interest.

Jagwah

05 May 2016

No way dude that's sick!! Wish the kick cut through a little more but really nice to hear such harshness coming from Reason, well done!! :clap:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 May 2016

cosignsessions wrote:personally, if it wasn't for this demo I would never even thought twice about the RE. That thick/nasty/speaker destroying sound has peaked my interest.
Thanks. I got that "speaker destroying sound" by playing around with the drive knob and the filter.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 May 2016

Jagwah wrote:No way dude that's sick!! Wish the kick cut through a little more but really nice to hear such harshness coming from Reason, well done!! :clap:
Thanks, yeah it's definitely one of the most harsh sounding synth sounds I've created or used.

PhutureD

11 May 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:I've been one of the beta testers and I just finished a Lithium demo song.
All synth sounds are made with Lithium.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13358179

or for worse sound quality on Soundcloud :)

Thanks for sharing, i like the sample a lot. Any other devices used in combo , or strictly lithium?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 May 2016

PhutureD wrote: Thanks for sharing, i like the sample a lot. Any other devices used in combo , or strictly lithium?
Just effects. I've used things like Saturation Knob, Audiomatic, EQs and delays and reverb. But I view all those things as mixing really. The core of all synth sounds still comes from Lithium. For example the super distorted bass sound is created by playing around with the filter and the distortion from Lithium.

So this demo is very much how I normally use a synth. Showing clean presets is awesome but it doesn't necessarily show how a synth sounds in a real track.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 May 2016

Benedict wrote:Well here it is

Not remotely EDM (well not in the way you expect) but typical of my current direction. Anyone who says IDT can't make cool instruments just isn't trying hard enough.

Sounds, as you hear them:

Underwater - Lithium + The Echo + RV7000
Bass 1 - Lithium + The Echo + M-CLass Comp
Dignity - Lithium + CF-101 + Echobode
Kik - Lithium
Snare - Lithium
Hat/Cymbal - Lithium
- Bus : C1 L1 Comp + Synchronus Reverb
Thin String - Lithium + Elements Chorus + Elements Chorus
Arp 1 - Lithium + M-Class Comp + M-Class Maximizer + CF-101 + The Echo + Gain
Pulsex - Lithium Combi (preset)
Choir - Lithium + The Echo + M-Class Comp

Nice one :D
maybe you should post this on a new thread so it's not hidden away on this one...

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 May 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Nice one :D
maybe you should post this on a new thread so it's not hidden away on this one...
Thanks Carly

I seem to recall I put the track in the main Lithium thread too.

As an aside the album is in-the-can and the track has a new number.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 May 2016

Benedict wrote: I seem to recall I put the track in the main Lithium thread too.
That's what I'm getting at, I don't read every comment in a thread especially if there are many pages and hence things like this get missed. Will be looking forward to the new album :thumbs_up:

Pete B

12 May 2016

I liked the interesting sounds, particularly in the intro. The big drums got in the way a bit for me, but it's a good demo of the synth.

• Information