[ACID BREAKS] INFECTED MALSTROM

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
BRIGGS

17 Nov 2015

Hey guys,

Thought I'd drop this one by!

Malstrom is an acid beast!!!

feel free to comment etc.

Regards,
Briggs
r11s

Thousand Ways

18 Nov 2015

Nice work. I like the switches between 'main' sections and breakdowns (big fan of breakdowns in general). Despite the fact that Soundcloud shows a graph of the track, I was somehow surprised when this faded out. I suppose that the switches between types of section led me to expect a dead stop at the end. You've certainly got a lot more out of the Malstrom synth than I ever have – you've made the pad twist and turn rather than staying a mindnumbing crunch, which is what I usually end up with on that instrument. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the occasional reversed hi-hat sweeps. Would be nice to hear a mix without those; I reckon the track would work just as well. Congrats.

BRIGGS

18 Nov 2015

Thousand Ways wrote:Nice work. I like the switches between 'main' sections and breakdowns (big fan of breakdowns in general). Despite the fact that Soundcloud shows a graph of the track, I was somehow surprised when this faded out. I suppose that the switches between types of section led me to expect a dead stop at the end. You've certainly got a lot more out of the Malstrom synth than I ever have – you've made the pad twist and turn rather than staying a mindnumbing crunch, which is what I usually end up with on that instrument. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the occasional reversed hi-hat sweeps. Would be nice to hear a mix without those; I reckon the track would work just as well. Congrats.
Thanks Thousand Ways,

The reversed hats are a bit loud in the mix. May just go with effected risers in the future.

Despite not being able to load my own samples, I've been crazy about the Malstrom for years! It's still great challenge to get new sounds out of it, but not too hard! It's a unique and strange instrument! Fits my personality perfectly! And it's green!!! :puf_bigsmile:

Regards,
Briggs
r11s

• Information