I Robot (Alan Parsons Cover)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dante

29 Aug 2015

Here as promised to add to our Alan Parsons covers collection. All made with Reason instruments and Rack Extensions except 1 Scope Synth. Mixed in Reason and Mastered with the XITE-1D AT 96KHz.

freeQlow

29 Aug 2015

Bad Ass Shit! !!!

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2015

Good head cheese!!!

Oh hang on, that sounds just as bad LOL

No really, a nice version. Seems "subtle" compared to AP but definitely nice to listen to.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

liampatrickingram

30 Aug 2015

always a favourite song of mine - this is a really good rendition. Like Benedict said it is a bit more subtle but I think it's in a very nice way!

4filegate

31 Aug 2015

for the enthusiast - we can have a dwnld in 96kHz :?:

Dante

01 Sep 2015

Thank y'all. I have enabled download. Will work on the sounds a bit more when I get a chance !

4filegate

02 Sep 2015

thnx 4 dwnld! eXpressBusCard sounds great bass dynamics and management. All instruments had a 24bit 48kHz or above soundUnit basic?

time flies modulations on saw arp synth and a bit human touch on synth clav, very well panning on start phase at the end fade out was too strong
harp is not loud enough, a pleasant RockDrum on a good placement choir ensemble

mood like a "live group iOpera? _was on your SC!
SSL MASTER FX Bus adding automatisation lane or just modification note length A/D/S/R - also ReGroove solved a lot

all right; on YT Live In Madrid 2004 no human iPercussionist - just in the middle of the stage a Guitarist Player

my playground /project theme pad&pod reloaded in reason with DNA of VECTO - soon replaced on SC

joet63

05 Sep 2015

Hey Dante, great cover of I Robot! For me being a AP fan, its really nice to hear other versions of his work! Well done!
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:
R5 Record iMac 2.0 Core 2 Duo 4Gb of RAM

Dante

06 Sep 2015

Thanks - I realise this track needs a bit more tweaking of sounds. if I do another Parsons cover it will be 'Wouldn't Wanna Be Like You' also from the I Robot album IIRC.

joet63

06 Sep 2015

A few tweaks maybe, but you've done a great version of it! 'Wouldn't Wanna Be Like You' that's a great song Dante, I couldn't even contemplate doing such a thing like you do, I also don't possess the skills needed either haha, all power to you Dante!
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:

Dante

06 Sep 2015

Thanks Joet63. Doing covers is a great way to learn stuff. in most cases a MIDI will exists, and that saves heaps of the time.

Reason will assign an IDT8 to all MIDI tracks by default and then you can just use drag and drop to replace most of those with better sounding NNXT or Rack Extensions such as the Radical pianos etc.

Sometimes I wish there was some control over what Reason assigns by default instead of IDT8, maybe by track name. And separating drums onto a multilane track etc. I think Cubase tries to do it based on mapping Program Changes to GM samples. Yamahas XG is even better for that purpose and comes up with better voicings.

this would be a great feature for the props to develop eg MIDI And Kareoke Extraction Artificial Intelligence or some such. Or even allow end users to create PROG Change to Reason instrument maps in XML would be a start. It could contain primary mappings to REs with a secondary default mapping to NNXT for sending a MIDI to someone who doesn't have the same REs.

joet63

06 Sep 2015

I think I understand what you are saying, some of the things reason can do, I have to learn yet hahaha
All that mapping stuff and default settings lol

• Information