Cities of Babel - Instrumental Prog Fusion

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Amyjer

08 Aug 2015

My latest Reason song features Reason Pianos (Steinway), Chapman Stick, AAS String Studio 2 and GS2 for violin and lead guitar, Superior Drummer, Line 6 Variax for sitar and banjo, and the Godin MultiOud.

Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremycubert/cities-of-babel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Benedict
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2015

Nice. Suitably complex and full of notes. Sounds good too.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Marketblandings

09 Aug 2015

Really satisfying! Really enjoyable! Beautiful work. transitioning from the 5/4 into 6/8 is very soothing and relaxing while staying up-tempo and stimulating. What is the instrument that sounds like playing way, way up high on a fretless bass?
Love the Muted trumpet. Only a few bends that a trumpet would not be able to do tipped me off that it was, what, the variax?
Will listen to this repeatedly. Thanks.

Amyjer

09 Aug 2015

Thanks Benedict and Marketblandings! The fretless instrument is a Godin MultiOud - an 11-string, nylon string, fretless instrument based on an Oud. I used the Variax for the Banjo and Coral Sitar sounds. The trumpet is a Sample Modeled plugin which is amazing. I am still working on the realism in my playing - I used a Roger Linn Linnstrument to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marketblandings

09 Aug 2015

Amyjer wrote:Thanks Benedict and Marketblandings! The fretless instrument is a Godin MultiOud - an 11-string, nylon string, fretless instrument based on an Oud. I used the Variax for the Banjo and Coral Sitar sounds. The trumpet is a Sample Modeled plugin which is amazing. I am still working on the realism in my playing - I used a Roger Linn Linnstrument to play it.

Is the plug-in called Sample Modeled? That's the first time I have heard a totally convincing, sampled wind instrument. I figured such realism would come along someday - just didn't think it would take decades to arrive!

Amyjer

09 Aug 2015

The company is "Sample Modeling" and the plugin is "The Trumpet". I also have their saxophone collection which is amazing. Here is the website: http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/index.php

Amyjer

09 Aug 2015

One problem with the saxophone collection - it uses their proprietary plugin (SWAM) that only works in a ( non-reason) DAW. The Trumpet will work standalone in kontakt and was easy to use with Reason through the External Instrument.

Marketblandings

09 Aug 2015

Amyjer wrote:The company is "Sample Modeling" and the plugin is "The Trumpet". I also have their saxophone collection which is amazing. Here is the website: http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/index.php

thank you!

• Information