Sydechain 2 Subsonik Bass Designer

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!

What type of devices should DNA Labs focus on?

Combi 2 Synth Devices
13%
Combi 2 Sample Based Instruments
13%
Combi 2 Drum Devices
No votes
Combi 2 Bass Devices
No votes
Polytone Patches/ReFills
No votes
Europa Patches/ReFills
No votes
Combi 2 Effect Devices
No votes
Vocal Effects Devices
25%
Ethnic Instruments
25%
Something Else Not Mentioned
25%

Total votes: 8
apoc123
RE Developer

Post 27 Jun 2024

E6F630A3-B2FE-46AE-8A7F-2FF3FCCC02A9.jpeg
Hey guys I humbly ask that you guys to give me some feedback on this new Combinator 2 device, think its cool, does it suck, how about the gui? I'm Jason the head sound designer at DNA Labs Software, I took a little break and now cranking back up full force with combi2 new devices and refills! Let me know what direction I should go... Cheers!
https://www.dnalabssoftware.com/new-rea ... sydechain2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deeplink
Competition Winner

Post 27 Jun 2024

Your combi refill type are really good and I think you should play to your strengths :)
Get more Combinators, Patches and Resources at the deeplink website

apoc123
RE Developer

Post 27 Jun 2024

deeplink wrote:
27 Jun 2024
Your combi refill type are really good and I think you should play to your strengths :)
thank you!!!

jam-s

Post 28 Jun 2024

It's a pity that the combinator does not allow for real displays. I reckon implementing it in a user friendly way is quite a task, but it make the combinator that much powerful.
Sure the displays you put into the combinator background look very nice and give a quick idea what to expect from the respective section, but having an actual display of the curves would be so cool.
I really hope you're regularly reminding RS to implement those missing features into the combinator.

I'll check out the sounds later when I've got some time to give them a proper play/listen.

apoc123
RE Developer

Post 30 Jun 2024

jam-s wrote:
28 Jun 2024
It's a pity that the combinator does not allow for real displays. I reckon implementing it in a user friendly way is quite a task, but it make the combinator that much powerful.
Sure the displays you put into the combinator background look very nice and give a quick idea what to expect from the respective section, but having an actual display of the curves would be so cool.
I really hope you're regularly reminding RS to implement those missing features into the combinator.

I'll check out the sounds later when I've got some time to give them a proper play/listen.
I agree 1000% but I am just very grateful for the ability to wrap the insane power of the reason devices inside of my own skins... The gui is a huge lart of workflow and creativity, I do wish Reason Studios would add these actual displays, I will remind them though! Right now I want more knobs to choose from in the combinator 2 also!

joeyluck

Post 01 Jul 2024

I think the Combinators are cool, but not a fan of fake displays etc. I also find the knobs on top of knobs to be weird.

Some people did this with the old Combinator, adding displays and controls that aren't clickable and it drove me crazy. And having things look like available dropdown menus is not helpful.

I think the best way to make Combinators is to design them using what's available. Take a look around here at some really well designed Combinators.

If you feel you need these elements presented this way, then developing for RE is the way to go. If you design Combinator patches, then design them as Combinator patches. Adding all the extra, unavailable stuff just makes it feel buggy and incomplete.

• Information