Soul School 1 or 2 or both?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Ninjadog

21 Apr 2024

I'm thinking of getting one of these, just wondering if one is better than the other, or is it a case of either one is fine, or both are must haves?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2024

You want somebody to say just get both. I’ll be that somebody. Do it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

21 Apr 2024

I would be interested to know if they got updated after the line6 amp's go removed from Reason.

I could be wrong, but some of them older refills used the old amp and as such some patches are broken, that's the main reason I have never got them as i don't know anyone who has them so it would be handy to actually know. ;)

dvdrtldg

21 Apr 2024

Billy+ wrote:
21 Apr 2024
I would be interested to know if they got updated after the line6 amp's go removed from Reason.

I could be wrong, but some of them older refills used the old amp and as such some patches are broken, that's the main reason I have never got them as i don't know anyone who has them so it would be handy to actually know. ;)
The Soul School refills did use the Line6 amps, now they've been replaced by the Softube amps set to bypass. Which is a shame I suppose, but then I really only use these refills for the rex loops, which are excellent. Pretty sure the amps only appear in the "source songs" which I don't think I've ever used

So if you're after a bunch of really good funky rex loops, then yes definitely get Soul School 1 and 2 because you can never have enough really good funky rex loops.

Billy+

22 Apr 2024

Good to know - does the disco refill use them / did it get updated ?

jam-s

22 Apr 2024

None of the old(er) Propellerhead Refills got any update.
The behaviour with the replacement of the line 6 amps with the bypassed Softube ones is just the default Reason does after the originals got removed. Quite a few FX combinators from 3rd party Refills haven been broken badly from this bad migration move.

• Information