open source millitary percussion beats available?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
challism

10 Apr 2024

selig wrote:
10 Apr 2024
challism wrote:
09 Apr 2024

That was a cool video. Thanks for sharing.

I've got my suspicions that Giles still wears his drumline uniform every once in a while.
Did you hack my webcams again?!?
;)
Webcams? Plural? I only knew about one webcam. I'm going to have to look into these other webcams.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

11 Apr 2024

challism wrote:
10 Apr 2024
selig wrote:
10 Apr 2024

;)
Webcams? Plural? I only knew about one webcam. I'm going to have to look into these other webcams.
Prepare to be amazed. Or repulsed. Probably impressed. Or not.
Selig Audio, LLC

lookingforbeatzz

12 Apr 2024

selig wrote:
10 Apr 2024
challism wrote:
09 Apr 2024

That was a cool video. Thanks for sharing.

I've got my suspicions that Giles still wears his drumline uniform every once in a while.
;)

lookingforbeatzz

12 Apr 2024

I think the best way I can describe it is that at time the beat is no longer just a set of sounds that are spaced apart.

And times these bands are able to make a sound that just blends in, whilst keeping an actual beat.

I for one am rooting for more recognition for those bands. That is of course if they play these kind of beatz.

Look I am not here to start a political fight but I have seen my fair share of bands running around and just plain old suck... what else do you want me to tell you?

lookingforbeatzz

14 Apr 2024

So I tried looking up the term "drumline" in this context but could not find anything that stood out/ or seemed relevant.

Can someone here tell me what is the consensus here of its meaning?

lookingforbeatzz

14 Apr 2024

wow. by a stroke of AI arbitrary luck I found the name of this "drumline"? is it called?, I shared the most recent.

Hot Pepper Cheesr

I mean as if the drumline it self was not awesome enough then perhaps spice the whole thing up some by its title?

But still also there it mentions cadence so I guess that is the underlining aspect that ties any variation on this marching band together?

lookingforbeatzz

14 Apr 2024

and again I do not want to start a political war which involves believes and customs.
I would just like to both applaud the efforts this next person did to turn the whole thing into score.

And also just raise the question in what way can this be accurate/eligible for newcomers?

So I am not dissing the effort. Maximum respect there.

I am signaling for old sould that never learned to read score it would be of immense help if translations would be done in a more modern manner that is more easy to read.

And I am going out on a limb here. And if true then my rant here is mute or dead on arrival from the get go.

Are there converters to take a musical score and translate into something midi can work with? or vise versa?

lookingforbeatzz

19 Apr 2024

ohh wow. only now I see the errors in my perception of what I have witnessed

when given halve a glance then people in the know will see that this score is rater accurate..

Hmm ok, I will go now lick my wounds then.. anyway the subject of this topic is still syco drums.

motuscott

21 Apr 2024

Hate written musics. Never seems to convey the essence of what was meant to be said. Still I plundered through, learning nothing. It's all in the technique, me thinks.
Fight me
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

lookingforbeatzz

21 Apr 2024

motuscott wrote:
21 Apr 2024
Hate written musics. Never seems to convey the essence of what was meant to be said. Still I plundered through, learning nothing. It's all in the technique, me thinks.
Fight me
Now I do not wish to fight you. I do wish to pick your brain.

So you and I are seemingly in agreement that score is no longer the most effective way of visualizing music is that correct?

motuscott

22 Apr 2024

It's more about seeing rhythm notation in terms of math & fractions, which I got.
And then hearing grooves which made that stuff come alive and which were an incalculable series of shifting fractions and math. Just seemed like trying to crush two mediums together.
I make sort of music notation notes when I have to remember a set of someone's music, but it would make no sense to anyone but me.
If I had to present a piece of music, say a song to a fellow muso, I would play or sing it as simply as possible and then throw a lot of word descriptions around to get the feeling across. That's just me

motuscott

22 Apr 2024

And then trust the musicians you have chosen. That's the majik of band. Amirite, fellow oldsters?

• Information