Tritone Refill Antidote

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2024

I haven't made any patches in quite a while so I figured it was time to revisit an old synth again. This time I went with Antidote.
This is a small refill with only 30 patches. No combinator patches. As usual they are on the simpler side as that is what I prefer to work with myself when it comes to making music.
Check them out if you feel like it.

Here's a short demo of some of the sounds included.

Attachments
Tritone Refill Antidote.zip
(49.83 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

challism

03 Mar 2024

Thanks! I love your presets. I remember you saying, not too long ago, that you had never tried your hand at sound design. Well, it seems as though you have a knack for it. Good work and keep them coming!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2024

challism wrote:
03 Mar 2024
Thanks! I love your presets. I remember you saying, not too long ago, that you had never tried your hand at sound design. Well, it seems as though you have a knack for it. Good work and keep them coming!
Thanks I appreciate it. Yes I started making my own patches late 2021. It's become a growing library of sounds at this point. I've used them quite a lot actually in my own music since I started.

muckmclane

04 Mar 2024

moneykube

04 Mar 2024

very cool... thank you :!:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

challism

04 Mar 2024

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Those patches in the "random" folder! Wow!! Very cool.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

muckmclane wrote:
04 Mar 2024
Nice :thumbs_up: I like it. The different parts really fit well together. And your usual way of adjusting the volume on different sounds together with the live tweaking worked really well here too. About two years ago I actually tried to do something similar, using your method as inspiration and the result sucked really bad. :lol: So I guess I should stick to what I do best. Still it was worth a try. It's good to try out new things. :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

moneykube wrote:
04 Mar 2024
very cool... thank you :!:
You're welcome :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

challism wrote:
04 Mar 2024
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Those patches in the "random" folder! Wow!! Very cool.
Thanks. Glad you like them.
Like I said my patches really aren't advanced. There's usually very little to them on a technical level. But what I do try to achieve is to find the sweet spots when it comes to tweaking.

muckmclane

04 Mar 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2024
About two years ago I actually tried to do something similar, using your method as inspiration and the result sucked really bad.
That’s my life story right there. But the inspiration, even when sending me right off a cliff for the 10,000th time, always returns. And then I am like, well, maybe I could do this a little differently, and sometimes I come up with an approach that has a long shelf life. Like today, I was like, well, I like how full that track sounds, but the bass just sticks out like a sore thumb (just representing the low end, not contributing to any sense of groove). So today I was experimenting with a bassline idea and that Slime patch, and I think I came up with something better:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2024

muckmclane wrote:
04 Mar 2024
TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2024
About two years ago I actually tried to do something similar, using your method as inspiration and the result sucked really bad.
That’s my life story right there. But the inspiration, even when sending me right off a cliff for the 10,000th time, always returns. And then I am like, well, maybe I could do this a little differently, and sometimes I come up with an approach that has a long shelf life. Like today, I was like, well, I like how full that track sounds, but the bass just sticks out like a sore thumb (just representing the low end, not contributing to any sense of groove). So today I was experimenting with a bassline idea and that Slime patch, and I think I came up with something better:

I listened to the video before you removed it. Just hadn't got time to comment on it.
I like both versions. They are very different from each other, each with their own qualities. I kind of wish you made full pieces of music out of them.

Yes I agree. It's not really necessary to fully "copy" an idea or method. Even if our own adaptation only keeps 5-10% of the original idea it's still enough to make a big difference in the creative outcome. I think since our various collaborations I've perhaps on a subconscious level adapted more of a "soundscape" mentality in some songs. I think both that and bringing in more of a visual aspect from art has affected some of my recent musical projects. The focus hasn't always been as much on the traditional song writing aspect as much as it's been about creating a soudscape and visual imagery through music.
Here are a few examples.

• Information