Subtractor/Maelstrom preset ID

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Kryptopex

15 Jan 2024

Hi guys!

So I'm searching for the synth presets used in these tunes. I actually talked to one of the members of Autumn (it's a duo) and he said they used a lot of Reason 3.5 back then and also claimed to have only used Subtractor and Maelstrom. I checked through all of the pad presets for both of them but didn't find anything. Although I have Reason 3.0 so I'm unsure if that makes a huge difference.

Any ideas what it could be? I've listened through the factory presets but it's not there so it's most likely from some unknown ReFill, but who knows which one? These tracks are from 2005-2006 to be precise

crimsonwarlock

15 Jan 2024

Kryptopex wrote:
15 Jan 2024
... also claimed to have only used Subtractor and Maelstrom.
Did you ask them if they actually used presets, or did their own sound design. Or maybe heavy tweaking of presets.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Kryptopex

15 Jan 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Jan 2024
Kryptopex wrote:
15 Jan 2024
... also claimed to have only used Subtractor and Maelstrom.
Did you ask them if they actually used presets, or did their own sound design. Or maybe heavy tweaking of presets.
They definitely did not do their own sound design as these tracks clearly use the same sounds (Different producers so it ain't reused assets). I got the detailed info 4 years before I discovered The Orb's track so I never thought that it was a preset to begin with (until now)

Kryptopex

09 Feb 2024

I got some intel. The member doesn't remember the specific patch, but it was from some very common refill that was used back then. He mentioned a lot of Zero-G stuff so it's probably some Zero-G refill?

selig
RE Developer

09 Feb 2024

Kryptopex wrote:
09 Feb 2024
I got some intel. The member doesn't remember the specific patch, but it was from some very common refill that was used back then. He mentioned a lot of Zero-G stuff so it's probably some Zero-G refill?
All the ZeroG stuff I'm familiar with is loop based samples ("Total REX", awesome variety, btw).
But I did see this, which may be what you're looking for or at least a good starting place:
https://www.producerloops.com/Download- ... efill.html
Selig Audio, LLC

Kryptopex

09 Feb 2024

selig wrote:
09 Feb 2024
Kryptopex wrote:
09 Feb 2024
All the ZeroG stuff I'm familiar with is loop based samples ("Total REX", awesome variety, btw).
But I did see this, which may be what you're looking for or at least a good starting place:
https://www.producerloops.com/Download- ... efill.html
Thanks for linking me this! Unfortunately this ain't it.

pushedbutton

11 Feb 2024

Probably making a massive assumption but especially back in Reason 3 days the presets were just a starting point. Combinators were the big new thing and chances are whatever was loaded in didn't get saved that way.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

MirrorEyEs

11 Feb 2024

Could be from Zero G Chemical Synths 1. There's a folders worth of patches for both Maelstrom and Subtractor!
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

Kryptopex

29 Feb 2024

MirrorEyEs wrote:
11 Feb 2024
Could be from Zero G Chemical Synths 1. There's a folders worth of patches for both Maelstrom and Subtractor!
I checked it, nothing there :(
This refill seems to have more leads and other stuff rather than pads :/

• Information